• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kosine9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Houston
    Been through similar routes... grown collection, duplicated calibers, slimmed back down... I've honed in on a few good calibers I like and just stick to them. Variety is the spice of life, I suppose, but I like to keep it relatively simple.
    DK Firearms

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Been through similar routes... grown collection, duplicated calibers, slimmed back down... I've honed in on a few good calibers I like and just stick to them. Variety is the spice of life, I suppose, but I like to keep it relatively simple.

Welcome to the Forum!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah...and then today I stumble across an old S&W 28-2 4" that was carried as a duty weapon by the ladies daddy with a Amarillo-area SO. Ugly, well used - but a SWEET damned trigger....so I bought it. I think that's a half-dozen or so .357's now....<sigh>

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    When it comes to firearms, I buy more than I sell. That is, of course, how you end up with a small collection instead of just one or two. I own pump, semi-auto and O/U shotguns; semi-auto and bolt-action rifles; and semi-auto pistols. I have owned a couple of revolvers but sold them off long ago. The first semi-auto pistol that I ever owned was a Gen 2 Glock 17 I bought in 1994, and it was replaced in 1996 with a Gen 2 Glock 19 that I still own.

My original thought on handguns was to have two 9mms, two 45 ACPs and two .22LRs. I wanted weapons in these common and proven calibers, and I follow the motto that “two is one and one is none.” Over the years, both the number of weapons and the range of calibers have been exceeded, and I am even considering adding 380 into the mix. Every purchase had a purpose at the time, and all were on my list.

I still maintain a long list of desired firearms, but lately, I have found that my tastes are changing. My affinity for metal framed guns continues to grow, and my affection for polymer guns has begun to wane. Until recently, my wish list had more polymer guns on it in various calibers than metal framed guns, but many of the polymers have slowly been struck off and more metal framed guns have been added. I am sure that I will always have some polymer firearms around as I doubt that I will ever sell that Glock 19. A big plus for the striker fire weapons besides capacity is that they do not snag or put holes in my clothes during concealed carry.

I really think I need to take each of my striker fired pistols back to the range and make keep or sell decisions. By this time next year, my collection may look totally different.

give me one for free cuz im a broke mescan

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom