• ...and so much more!
  • Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    When it comes to firearms, I buy more than I sell. That is, of course, how you end up with a small collection instead of just one or two. I own pump, semi-auto and O/U shotguns; semi-auto and bolt-action rifles; and semi-auto pistols. I have owned a couple of revolvers but sold them off long ago. The first semi-auto pistol that I ever owned was a Gen 2 Glock 17 I bought in 1994, and it was replaced in 1996 with a Gen 2 Glock 19 that I still own.

My original thought on handguns was to have two 9mms, two 45 ACPs and two .22LRs. I wanted weapons in these common and proven calibers, and I follow the motto that “two is one and one is none.” Over the years, both the number of weapons and the range of calibers have been exceeded, and I am even considering adding 380 into the mix. Every purchase had a purpose at the time, and all were on my list.

I still maintain a long list of desired firearms, but lately, I have found that my tastes are changing. My affinity for metal framed guns continues to grow, and my affection for polymer guns has begun to wane. Until recently, my wish list had more polymer guns on it in various calibers than metal framed guns, but many of the polymers have slowly been struck off and more metal framed guns have been added. I am sure that I will always have some polymer firearms around as I doubt that I will ever sell that Glock 19. A big plus for the striker fire weapons besides capacity is that they do not snag or put holes in my clothes during concealed carry.

I really think I need to take each of my striker fired pistols back to the range and make keep or sell decisions. By this time next year, my collection may look totally different.
    ARJ Defense ad

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Always nice to have some revolvers around just in case you have no mags for some reason. I added a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull 2" barrel, Ruger GP100 .357 magnum 6" barrel, S&W 629 Performance Center .44 magnum 2" barrel, S&W 629 .44 magnum 3" barrel, S&W 637 .38 special 2" barrel and a S&W 617 .22 6" barrel.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I'm a big fan of hammer fired semi autos. The CZs are classy but my best shooter in the stable is a grand power xcalibur. A not so well known pistol that shoots like a Lazer. However, no collection is complete without at least a couple revolvers. I'd agree with others, get a bigger safe and keep adding. When you knock the dust off the safe queens you'll fall in love all over again.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I've been through several "cycles", as I'm sure many of us have. Revolver. Semi. Big-bore. Small-bore. Compact. Tiny. Flashy. Utilitarian. C&R. Popular caliber. Something for which reloading is a must. Purge. Repeat.
    In my experience, your needs/wants will continue to evolve. When you meet milestones in life like I did recently with retirement, the variation in needs/wants may be extreme. At times, you may look around and realize you have no use for something you thought was the "greatest thing since ice cream" 5 years ago. That is when you have to decide if you want to sell/trade to make room for something you now "need".
    Enjoy the journey.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I believe your priorities are a bit misaligned. What you need to be striving for goes pretty much as listed below:

12 Pair of socks and skivvies

2 packages of ten t-shirts, different colors if desired.

4 pair of pants

2 pair of shorts

1 light weather jacket/coat

1 heavy weather coat/jacket

Shoes/Footwear as needed.

See how much room you just made for more guns when you cleared out all the clutter.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I usually have two different lists of guns that I'm looking for. One list is guns for a very specific purpose, which for the most part are pistols for carry purposes. That list for me is constantly evolving.

The other list is more of a wish list of guns I'd just like to own and really aren't for a specific purpose, other than the fact that I want them or for the pure enjoyment of shooting them.

And @grumper a man needs at least five pair of underwear. It's purely optional on weekends!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I like em all, but don't own any revolvers... yet. I really like single action & double action, steel, semi autos. My favorite striker fire is my PMR30. Great trigger out of the box, 30rnds, it's loud ASF & throws a big ass fireball. How can you not like it.

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Always nice to have some revolvers around just in case you have no mags for some reason. I added a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull 2" barrel, Ruger GP100 .357 magnum 6" barrel, S&W 629 Performance Center .44 magnum 2" barrel, S&W 629 .44 magnum 3" barrel, S&W 637 .38 special 2" barrel and a S&W 617 .22 6" barrel.

Definitely need at least a .357 revolver. Basically 2 calibers in 1 gun. Very versatile if that is what you are going for.

My very first pistol was a S&W 66 .35 4” barrel. I didn’t like the airweight snub nose S&W. If I got another, it would probably be another stainless model 66.

There are a lot of things that have to go wrong for me to get to a revolver.

Last edited:

Jarine88

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    Tomball
    Why? They are just some of many. I have examples of revolvers I like as well as pistols and single shots and break opens and ......

I just meant for me to not have mags or rifles to “need” the revolver.

I may get another revolver some day.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    I believe your priorities are a bit misaligned. What you need to be striving for goes pretty much as listed below:

12 Pair of socks and skivvies

2 packages of ten t-shirts, different colors if desired.

4 pair of pants

2 pair of shorts

1 light weather jacket/coat

1 heavy weather coat/jacket

Shoes/Footwear as needed.

See how much room you just made for more guns when you cleared out all the clutter.
    It has been a few years, but I remember that is not a proper JB. And don't forget to stamp your name on everything with that stamp pad from hell.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I have trouble finding mags I own for some things in my safe that have been used very little. The few just get "lost" in the sea of magazines as they aren't that organized.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Come on, Moonie. You know that no self respecting Marine would want an Army pistol.
    choke yourself.jpg

Top Bottom