• ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Hi folks,

I'm tired of poking holes in paper and I want to shoot outside -- and shoot at something more than just paper.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mike

You could get REALLY angry at the world, HATE PEOPLE and join some Islamic group but you probably would not live very long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Enjoy life.

bob

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Yup, we really centered on Retirement instead of shooting as our responses. Please allow me to backtrack.

I've been involved in shooting sports for over 50 years and have been very active in High powered rifle and in "combat" pistol competition, reloading, bullet casting, shot shell reloading, sporting clays.......... you got the picture. My focus on those things is crystal clear. Unfortunately, other folks don't share my avid enthusiasm for those activities. Put coldly, they won't get their asses in gear to actually GO shooting. Consequently, I do a lot of those things alone.

Right now, I'm into pistols and legal carry. Later, I may swing back to rifles or shotguns. I have a fantastic remote trap but I had to rig it so I could shoot birds alone. That's OK. I can have a ball doing those things with or without others!

Bonnie wants to shoot her Glock with me at the range but she has a part time job that keeps her pretty busy. Bonnie has her Glock 26 and a full case of 9mm ready to go. She just won't go! Will I wait for her? Hell, no!

That's the way a retired guy has to be. Get ready to go and if others don't show up, leave 'em behind!

The facts are that since you got off of the work-a-day grind, your world rotates on a different axis than the world of most other folks. You can either step back into the working grind to align yourself with others or.............. go on without the others.

Flash

jertex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Tarrant County
    Welcome.

A few years ago (last time I had a deer lease) I had a lot of difficulty finding folks to join in a deer lease and it's become so expensive to hunt in Texas that you need to find a good group to share the expenses. I took the chance of joining a lease with folks I didn't know and it was a big mistake. The guy who sub-leased us the property wasn't supposed to hunt on it and on opening day, took the best buck on the 1000 acre lease, a 200+ B and C rack. The other lease members would kill hogs 30 yards from camp and just leave them there to rot and stink up the whole place, one guy had set up a feeder 20 yards off the road and then set up a portable blind right next to the road and then he would get mad when the other hunters would finish for the day and go back to camp. They left trash at the camp site and were terrible lease holders. I decided at that point that I wasn't going to waste my time with a lease again until my work load diminishes and I can find the right people to be part of the lease. Take your time, make sure you know the people who are going to be on the lease, make sure hunting areas and shooting lanes are clearly delineated and do your due diligence on the lessor.

You probably know all this but it never hurts to reinforce it with a cautionary story.

Hone

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I've had similar experiences as jertex with a shared lease. It literally sounds like you're speaking about the exact same people that I had a lease with.

One thing you might do is ask around through your friends, family and acquaintances to see who has land with pests on it (hogs and coyotes are common problems for land owners) and see if they wouldn't mind you assisting them with clearing them off.

Top Bottom