• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    To be honest, I thought this was a current thread. My apologies.

And yesterday my computer was having issues uploading pictures and couldn't get the pic up. It's up now and as you can see that whoever assembled this AK did not fully seat the rear trunnion with the receiver and riveted tit together. It should have been noticeable when installing the dust cover that it would not go on without extreme force and should never have left the facility.

Wow, you gotta be apelike to be the one who riveted that. Howbdo you miss that???

I have a build on an IO receiver. I wasn't real impressed with the receiver. I may end up demilling it and building using a Nodak in the future.

If I get energetic that is.

Is that the one you built when I was there too? What's wrong with the receiver?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

doit26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Nah, quit apologizing to the wannabe hall monitors...thanks for your insight and your input.

t

Thank you for the kind words.

And to update the situation...IO just sent me 7 replacement mags. I sat down as soon as I received them and attempted to load 30 rounds into each mag. Sure enough, they just sent me 6 more mags that can only hold 28 rounds and that 28th round was extremely difficult to load. IO doesn't seem to care about reputation or quality control as they are just capitalizing on the recent political motivation right now. Not sure why is has now been close to 3 months since the start of this ordeal and I still have no resolution from IO.

doit26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    DFW, TX
    Haven't checked lately but maybe they're tied up with court dates again?

I have also noticed that on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week (3/12-3/13), Royal Tiger Imports and IO, Inc's Facebook pages have been taken down. Probably due to negative exposure lately. Both companies are located within the same building of each other.

Dman62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Prosper, TX
    A friend had one in.223 that kept blowing primers. The customer service was less than stellar but in the end they had him send it in and refunded his money.

golfandguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    My son and I love my I.O. AK! I bought the wood sporter for a myself for a well deserved birthday present to myself and I couldn't be happier. It's groups nicely and is easy to handle.
    I would purchase another no hesitations.

Dizzead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2014
    When I bought my IO AK47-c, I was very disappointed. Granted I went from the store, straight to the range, and had serious feed problems. I.O. Inc has terrible customer service for sure.
    First thing I learned, is that it is necessary to clean before firing. Apparently there is a gritty like substance inside the barrel to help keep it in good condition while packaged. My 1st mistake, so I cleaned the hell out of it.
    Now, heres the weird part. Obviously, most, if not all ranges, in the DFW area say no to FMJs and Steel cases. Assholes. lol. I went to visit my sister and they have a huge piece of land; they have their own private range as they are gun nuts. :) At first, I had the same problems: Jams, penetrating primers, lodged and broken cases, even broke the projectile off a few cartridges. So, my brother-in-law suggested it was the ammo.
    He went in the house and came out with 3 boxes of Tulammo 7.62x39 FMJ/steel cased. I loaded up the mag and VIOLA!! The Beast was unleashed! It spit every single round out flawlessly.
    We went to the store, I bought 10 more boxes and had the same pleasant results. Ive heard ALOT of bad shit about I.O. Inc. I would not recommend anyone buy their firearms. The AK47 market is competitive with numerous brands that perform well and will fire all types of ammo. I cant say this for sure, but Ive read in several places online that its due to their Polish design. FMJ steel case is required? I dont know, but My personal gun is FMJ only. Shes a stupid bitch! lol But shes been 100% on with FMJs. Red Army and Tulammo.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    One thing you have to remember is a akm is a military rifle, the feed ramp is designed to feed fmj ball ammo. Hp sp etc will not feed. You can polish the feed ramp some times modify the feed ramp and it'll feed.

I have some military rifles that only can fire fmj ball ammo because of the gas systems .

Reason some ranges don't allow fmj rifle is greater chance of ricochet.

Hoping for 8 when they pull that gate..

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    About 15 years ago, I was at the range and another member was having a fuss with his son's rifle. It was an Egyptian MAADI AK-47. We talked for a while and since I never had an AK, I ended up buying the rifle for $175.....on the spot!

Then the reality of what I did settled in and things looked bleak. I didn't even notice that the silly magazine was a single stack and the machined parts (like the bolt) were hogged out by a drunken Egyptian with a bench grinder! Finish on the metal parts was black paint! It was the crudest rifle with the sloppiest workmanship that I've ever owned! Worse, other more knowledgeable AK shooters TRASHED the MAADI's and I felt like I had purchased a cow turd in a sack!

I worked in an aircraft plant for 5 1/2 years and could probably build a dump truck with a good selection of air tools and enough time. That problem with the single stack went away with perfect results ............so then the rifle took standard AK mags!

Then I/we shot the rifle a lot. It was a fun gun to shoot. Friends loved that gun and even though the internal parts sucked in quality, it never malfunctioned and was reasonably accurate. Later, after diving deeper into the AK habit, That Egyptian clunker ended up being my favorite AK! I referred to it as "shake, rattle & run." Cool factor was off the scale.

The years passed and I sold off the AK's including that MAADI, which brought a handsome price.

Now, some years later, the AK bug bit again and I got back into it. The WASR's that the guys so joyfully pee on, serve me well! I like 'em and don't give a flip who thinks they are crap. I once owned "Crap" and it still performed like gangbusters!

The AK rifle is not a Remington 700 or a pre 64 Winchester Model 70. If It's obvious that the manufacturers aren't going to help, so YOU fix it. It's sheet metal....bend it! It's never going to be perfect .......don't expect it. Enjoy it for what it is.....a perfectly designed 100% efficient tool!

I like that rifle even if you don't. A trip to the range would provide you with a riot of fun, it will protect your home & family and function despite almost anything that that you can do to it. Let it be what it is....an AK-47 variant.

Give yourself a treat and search what our enemies have been using as primary rifles. You won't believe the kind of shxt that they use as battle rifles! Sights? Who needs sights?

Flash

Top Bottom