• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    First off, if you didn't make it... you missed out, and those that did make it, thanks for coming out.

The first event was an overwhelming success. We had a good sized turn-out and we had a TON of fun.

11.jpg

Steve (pictured in a trademarked special pose) and Jeff (shilohshooters) did one HELL of a job with helping with the event. We simply could not have had as much fun without these guys, and a BIG thank you to both. Ngoc (htxred) and the others guys from Shiloh were on hand to get everyone taken care of, and I extend my thanks to them.

12.jpg

Dennis (308NATO) is too fast for the camera. Thanks to him for lending support for the event, and for coming out. Dale Hunnicutt, foreground in yellow shirt, was on hand and was a wealth of knowledge. Him and some friends put on the IDPA rounds, and he also was beyond helpful in answering my questions. I truely, truely appreciate his advice. If you can, be sure to attend any of his events ... I guarantee you will gain something from it.

10.jpg

Jose from STI brought out a bunch of good looking toys for all of us to try out. This is my second time checking out the STI collection, and I must say those guys build a good 1911. Very smooth triggers, excellent build quality, and according to everyone I've talked to, they have some of the best customer service around. I know both Shiloh Indoor and Talon Arms are dealers in STI, and they both love dealing with STI because of their good people.

9.jpg

This is the mascot of the event. He is an elite Delta operator cat with a high and tight shave job.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

IDPA was a big crowd drawer. Rightfully so because it is fun as hell! Thanks again to Dale Hunnicutt and the other IDPA exhibitionists that were on hand to show off.

5.jpg

Quite possibly the hardest magazine I've ever loaded, LOL. It was well worth it though! I spent alot of time running the sub-guns through some trials. Thanks to Chris at Talon Arms for the training and suppressor demo.

4.jpg

Yours truely getting some trigger time on the sub-gun.

Even indoors the cans on the various guns worked exceptionally well. Everything was tolerable even without hearing protection! Big, big hug-from-behind to Robert (TalonArms_R) for manning the Talon booth and bringing out a gauntlet of suppressors and toys to check out. They had Warlocks on .22 LRs, Yankee Hill cans on ARs and a 9mm STI pistol, Gemtech, SWR, etc. all on hand to test and check out. Robert also brought along a selection of AR15s, one of which had an awesome Adams gas piston setup with the handguard removed so you can eye it.

3.jpg

Nolan (Phatcyclist) feeding the beast. Thanks to Nolan for making the trek from Austin, and for taking most of the pictures! You are a true stalwart of Texas Gun Talk t-shirt modeling.

1.jpg

More sub-gun fun. The gentleman pictured had a sweet HK SP89 that someone bought from him at the event.

2.jpg

We proved our worth at being stone-cold paper destroyers. :cool:

I got to finally shoot a true big bore revolver, and man... that's so worth it. I shot a .500 S&W Magnum, and if you haven't already, you REALLY are missing out. It made .44 Mag feel like weaksauce.

Mount Royal had some good buffalo and venison sausage, and I highly recommend the venison sausage after trying it. I talked to the rep and she confirmed that they have free range / grass fed animals that they source their meat from. I know it sounds like hippy hogwash, but frankly I don't want a bunch of unnecessary 'roids juicing up my burgers. I like the old fashioned method just fine. They are a Texas company and can be found here: Mount Royal USA

Sportsman's Steel Safe was on hand as well with a few of their products. They are also a Texas company and their website is: Gun Safe, and Gun Safes by Sportsman Steel Gun Safe Company

Ryan (Cyfer) brought out a video camera, so hopefully we will be hosting some video footage here soon.

Huge thanks to the grillmaster. He should be chiming in on the thread :)
    ARJ Defense ad

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Man, I soooo wish I could have made it down. 5 more weeks of immobilization{ or as close as I can anyway} Sounds like y'all had a blast. I will make the next one.

Thumper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2008
    Great day. Thanks to Rick for cooking for all of us. The goose was great. Obviously, I had a good time. Video:

th_Picture030.jpg

th_Picture025.jpg

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, I'll get the videos online as soon as I figure out how to get them off the damn minidv... lol I've done this before, but can't remember how. hahaha

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's what I'm talking about. Good job with the pics!

Of course I wish I had brought my camer to shoot pics also. :(

Thumper, thanks for posting the videos!

"There's no Karate at the gun range." Roger

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    Now that we have had a day of reflection and rest, we can actually focus on how much fun we had, mostly thanks to the great members of TGT! My taste buds have not been the same since Rickie fired up the pit and cooked up the duck that Tim knocked out of the sky! Whoever thought of stuffed jalapenos wrapped in Duck meat and Bacon deserves an automatic spot in Heaven. And so do the guys that cooked it! Chris and Robert at Talon Arms made everyones day with their toys, as did Jose from STI. It sure is fun to get a chance to fire such fine firearms! Thank you so much for your contributions to the great day! Alan and Travis, you guys are the glue that brings these events together, we couldn't dream up these kinds of events without your help. Steve, of the a.m. 950 his wife Elizabeth worked so hard to help us bring sponsors together and make sure we all had fun and got full. Our thanks go out to you both and we will show our gratitude with more airtime! And most of all, thank you to everyone that came and did not get mentioned. You are the customers and anonymous names and avatars that make the tedious planning stages of these events so worth it! We can't wait for the next opportunity to bring everyone together and make that joyful noise ( or joyful silence when Talon is around!)!
    Steve, Jeff, and Ngoc

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Videos are up!!!

So, I finally figured out how to pull the damn videos off the MiniDV and got them edited and uploaded. So here we go. I'm posting vids in order of how the day went:

Introduction to the shoot by Texas1911
    th_Texas1911Intro.jpg

My Brother Mike Shooting the MP5
    th_MikeMP5.jpg

ducksps on the UMP Supressed
    th_duckspsUMP.jpg

My fiance on the UMP Supressed
    th_AmyUMP.jpg

Phatcyclist on the UMP Supressed
    th_PhatcyclistUMP.jpg

Me, Cyfer on UMP Supressed
    th_CyferUMP.jpg

Lil Bro Mike on UMP Supressed
    th_MikeUMP.jpg

Me again on UMP Supressed
    th_CyferUMP2.jpg

Fiance on TP9 Supressed
    th_AmyTP9.jpg

Me on the MAC (<-----Now this was a badazz little gun)
    th_CyferMAC.jpg

A fellow shooter with the .500 S&W Magnum (<----wow)
    th_500SW.jpg

HK_Fiend on the UMP
    th_HK_FiendUMP.jpg

Me on the MP5 (<----Still and will always be the favorite)
    th_CyferMP5.jpg

Brother on the MAC
    th_MikeMAC.jpg

Texas1911 on the MP5
    th_Texas1911MP5.jpg

Fiance on the MP5 (<-----her favorite too. Maybe one day she'll buy me a sear... :-)
    th_AmyMP5.jpg

Texas1911 on the MAC
    th_Texas1911MAC.jpg

HK_Fiend on the MAC and Texas1911 on my Mark23
    th_HK_FiendMACandTexas1911Mark23.jpg

HK_Fiend on the Mark23
    th_HK_FiendMark23.jpg

Texas1911 on the UMP
    th_Texas1911UMP.jpg

I have a few others, but I don't know the shooters personally, so I didn't feel comfortable posting them up on the forums.

Enjoy!

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Yeah man sunday was really a great day lots of shooting ,lots of good food specialy the beans they were great along with all the rest of the good food. thanks to all for letting me pick their brains , Talon Arms on
    suppressors ,The IDPA folks on how to get started.
    It was just a fantastic day thanks to the Shiloh folks and TGT.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Excellent vids Cyfer! :D Man, I'll say this much. Vids really do not do any justice to the Mac11. It really does not quite portray the extremely violent and uncontrollable feeling of a gun pumping 32rds out in around a 1.5 seconds. ;)

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Excellent vids Cyfer! :D Man, I'll say this much. Vids really do not do any justice to the Mac11. It really does not quite portray the extremely violent and uncontrollable feeling of a gun pumping 32rds out in around a 1.5 seconds. ;)

Totally agree...

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    Accordingtoome
    That did take place here in Houston area off of 1960 and Shiloh church rd.
    Its about a mile east of Willowbrook mall.
    Great bunch of folks there ,oh and the coffee is good too.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Accordingtoome
    That did take place here in Houston area off of 1960 and Shiloh church rd.
    Its about a mile east of Willowbrook mall.
    Great bunch of folks there ,oh and the coffee is good too.
    whaa.. that is a local spot? nice. when is the next one? what are the prices their?

Top Bottom