• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My ex-lady friend and I saw this together today and enjoyed it. She gave it a "B" and I scored it a B+!

The movie is set in the year 2115 or around that date. Earth has become a real crap hole that is overcrowded, dirty, dangerous and a real lousy place to live. The environment is nasty and the air is foul. Water coming from a faucet looks like crankcase oil.

Jobs are few and far between but our hero, Matt Damon has a job in the midst of all this poverty.

Meanwhile, the ruling class has set up life in a huge space station in orbit called Elysium. Any attempt to come to Elysium proves fatal thanks to brutal security by Jodie Foster. Residents of Elysium have everything wonderful in contrast to the crap life on the planet surface. Everything is beautiful on Elysium and they have machines that eradicate disease and provide them with an immortal and disease free life. Naturally, they aren't sharing that good life with the masses.........You know, like the ruling class in the US today. There's the ruling class of plenty............... and the rest of us.

Matt Damon has an accident at work and is exposed to lethal radiation He has 5 days to live and no one cares. He is determined to get to Elysium to get a dose of that immortality machine. His childhood lady friend has a daughter dying of Leukemia so that ties in with Damon's need to get to Elysium, too.

Damon signs on for a suicide mission to capture an Elysium big shot. He has nothing to lose and the mission gets bloody. The Big Shot has security sensitive data in his head which Damon downloads to his head. The rulers aren't going to let that information get to the masses so the fight is on!

Gonna stop with the plot so I don't give it away.

The movie was interesting and had some good social commentary. Frankly, the contrast between the ruling class of privilege and the masses was stark, gritty and so much like our society. The masses were expendable and counted ZERO while the cool guys had everything. Gotta admit, that pissed me off to see the logical progression of our elitist ruler class today.

The action scenes were gritty and violent. The weapons, were interesting as they were clearly AK-47 and Remington 870 type shotguns with explosive projectiles and added gizmos.

Language included a few "F" bombs but by today's movie standards, was pretty tame. There was some camera shaking (which I detest) in the action scenes but it was pretty well done and kept the action moving.

I got a little sleepy at about the 1/2 way mark and thought the story dragged at that point. In all, it was an entertaining flick, pretty well done and a fairly engaging story. There were a few trite additions like the poor little sick kid that seemed out of place in a world where no one cares about anyone else.

Our ratings? Bonnie "B", Flash "B+". It's worth seeing!
    Target Sports

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    I really appreciate your reviews, Flash. I don't see as many movies as I used to before getting married and moving to Hempstead, and your reviews have been helpful in deciding which ones I do go see. Keep it up.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Thanks!

I felt bad about the "Wolverene' show but I just didn't like it. I wasn't aware that it was a cult character so it meant nothing to me. I didn't know the whole story! I still didn't like it.

Elyseium is a good ride. I think that you'll like it!

Gonna see "2 Guns" today........watch for the review!

I worked at the Luther Unit just down the road from Hempstead. Navasota is dead but Hempstead is deadly boring! I wish you the best!

Flash

Last edited:

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I saw it and it sucked. Terrible acting / obvious plot / worse props / and it was all complete with racism / Amnesty / free healthcare / class warfare etc. Low rent Terminator knock off. Huge thumbs down.

One of the worst this year by far.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Recent Matt Damon quote...he's against concealed carry and stand your ground laws...

"I mean we have a police force for that and we should leave the novices at home." (Source)

I won't spend a damned dime to see any of his movies! He's just another actor who thinks he's smarter than everyone else!

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    My ex-lady friend and I saw this together today and enjoyed it. She gave it a "B" and I scored it a B+!

The movie is set in the year 2115 or around that date. Earth has become a real crap hole that is overcrowded, dirty, dangerous and a real lousy place to live. The environment is nasty and the air is foul. Water coming from a faucet looks like crankcase oil.

Jobs are few and far between but our hero, Matt Damon has a job in the midst of all this poverty.

Meanwhile, the ruling class has set up life in a huge space station in orbit called Elysium. Any attempt to come to Elysium proves fatal thanks to brutal security by Jodie Foster. Residents of Elysium have everything wonderful in contrast to the crap life on the planet surface. Everything is beautiful on Elysium and they have machines that eradicate disease and provide them with an immortal and disease free life. Naturally, they aren't sharing that good life with the masses.........You know, like the ruling class in the US today. There's the ruling class of plenty............... and the rest of us.

Matt Damon has an accident at work and is exposed to lethal radiation He has 5 days to live and no one cares. He is determined to get to Elysium to get a dose of that immortality machine. His childhood lady friend has a daughter dying of Leukemia so that ties in with Damon's need to get to Elysium, too.

Damon signs on for a suicide mission to capture an Elysium big shot. He has nothing to lose and the mission gets bloody. The Big Shot has security sensitive data in his head which Damon downloads to his head. The rulers aren't going to let that information get to the masses so the fight is on!

Gonna stop with the plot so I don't give it away.

The movie was interesting and had some good social commentary. Frankly, the contrast between the ruling class of privilege and the masses was stark, gritty and so much like our society. The masses were expendable and counted ZERO while the cool guys had everything. Gotta admit, that pissed me off to see the logical progression of our elitist ruler class today.

The action scenes were gritty and violent. The weapons, were interesting as they were clearly AK-47 and Remington 870 type shotguns with explosive projectiles and added gizmos.

Language included a few "F" bombs but by today's movie standards, was pretty tame. There was some camera shaking (which I detest) in the action scenes but it was pretty well done and kept the action moving.

I got a little sleepy at about the 1/2 way mark and thought the story dragged at that point. In all, it was an entertaining flick, pretty well done and a fairly engaging story. There were a few trite additions like the poor little sick kid that seemed out of place in a world where no one cares about anyone else.

Our ratings? Bonnie "B", Flash "B+". It's worth seeing!
    Rog, thanks and a VERY good writeup. Sounds like Obama and his Marxist frends are living in outer space and the rest of us are down here on Obamacare.

Matt Damon: The other day the wife and I were in Austin on business and were there for better part of a week. We were staying at a location to not be divulged and I got to know the manager very well while there. He too was retired military. Over a cup of Joe and with a 'don't spread this around' turns out this place is a MECA for Hollywood types, Matt was one of the names he dropped along with a healthy list of others who 'keep' space there. I am sure many on here drive by it on a regular basis. Its truly tucked away between a couple of popular eateries. I drove past it twice before I saw the almost hidden entrance and the rather small sign. They also keep cars there as a stroll around produced some cars with Ca plates. My guess is and he agreed, the Ca taxes are crushing, especially folks making millions in the movie biz. So a Texas address can be quite beneficial.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If you guys have the red ass over Matt Damon, that's OK with me. I simply wrote about what I saw. I feel the same way about Jim Carrey. I wouldn't spend a nickle to see one of his flicks.

I won't allow the Liberal Knot Heads to steer me around. For various reasons, I wouldn't like to be a personal friend of Barbara Streisand, Madonna or the late Janis Joplin but their talent is wonderful. I try to separate the talent from the person whom I may detest. In the case of Jim Carrey, I detest his personality AND his so called talent. Rosie Odonnell is the same way. Thumbs down on her personality and talent.

Flash

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom