• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I grabbed the Senior Citizen discount today and saw the movie "Ender's Game". I was fully prepared NOT to like this movie but was pleasantly surprised! I did not read the book and came into the theater with no knowledge of the story. I wanted to see if I could pick up the story line from what I saw on the screen. It was easy and the movie can stand alone to a new viewer.

Earth has been battling with a society from outer space that tried to colonize our planet. The creatures look like ants....big ones and their society is similar to the ant world. We fought them off once and are preparing for another onslaught.

Earth realized that special talent was needed to battle the aliens, so they gathered young prospective leaders and began training them as warriors. "Ender" was one of the best and he quickly rose through the ranks. Ender had many qualities that suited me just fine.
    1) When you're outnumbered and it looks hopeless.....ATTACK!
    2) Once you gain control, keep smashing them until they don't want to fight any more.
    These are two of my personal favorites!

Ender is promoted several times until he is in the highest level of warrior training. They are broken into groups and the training is relentless. Ender again, excels and whips butt at every opportunity.

Can't give any more of the story away but it was exciting, graphics were excellent, tactics were ingenious and Ender was a righteous fighter in spite of his young age.

The movie dragged in two places where Ender showed his young age and exhibited some typical 15 year old bratty behavior. We got through that and the rest of the flick was pretty interesting. Battle scenes were captivating.

I liked the flick and recommend it to anyone who has a Science Fiction interest. The ending was a surprise!

There is NO bad language or sexual content. Parents don't need to worry about their kids viewing this movie.

I'd give the movie a B to B+ rating. It was definitely different and a good change of pace! There is even a positive message for the young folks.

Flash

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm looking forward to it. I read the book, and I was wondering what they were going to do with the end. Thanks for reviewing.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Those of you who have read the books will be pleasantly surprised. Admittedly, they gloss over a big chunk of the first novel (particularly the numerous training battles he and his team fought) but the movie drilled into the key moments that defined Ender and his strategic brilliance.

Go watch it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Strategies in the movie varied but centered around doing the unexpected, not playing safe/ going for the win, and ending the conflict for good. It was harsh, real and desperate.

The end was unexpected and I'd hate to ruin it for you. Go see it.............it was pretty good!

Flash

96fordsix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    conroe
    I have seen the movie and have read the books. I feel that seeing the movie was a good time. I think they got the end right also.

Top Bottom