• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I saw the movie "Godzilla" at the Senior cheap matinee today. I was very pleasantly surprised! I saw it in 2D but there is also a 3D version. Be sure to check the movie listings for the format that you want.

The movie begins at a fast pace, right from the lights dimming. There is a nuclear mishap at a power plant in Japan which results in many lost lives with almost total destruction of the plant and contamination of the surrounding areas. The official line is that the ground is too contaminated for anyone to enter, but that came from the government and, as we all know, governments lie! This pair lost their wife/mother in the disaster and dad thinks something fishy was going on.

The stars (father and son) decide to go into the contaminated area to retrieve data Dad had on his computer. They got busted. We find out that the whole area is a lab project for some very unusual critters and something irregular is, indeed, going on.

There are THREE critters. Two look like wasps but only one flies. Then there is a really large reptile as all of this is slowly revealed to us. The bugs and the lizard get loose and all Hell breaks loose in San Francisco. We'll leave the familiar story line right there.

There is some serious remodeling going on in SF. It isn't at all like Godzilla flicks of the past. This was pretty realistic! There were many frightening moments where you had to concentrate on not messing your drawers. You aren't just a passive viewer in this flick, they hook you into the action and you suffer every agonizing moment along with the actors. Viewers grip the chair arm rests pretty tightly!

I liked the realism of what was on the screen and especially that we were hooked into the suspense and danger of what we saw. The movie kept me hooked up pretty well for almost the whole two hours! I got a bit cranky in one quiet but short segment of the flick and my eyes wanted to slam shut.

I did NOT want this flick to end. It was a great ride, well done and worth $5 to see it. I liked the movie and gave it an "A"!

Language is very mild, there is no sexual content, when people die, it is not graphic. A lizard tail come crashing down and we assume the guys under that tail are toast. No blood and guts are displayed.

There is a strange twist at the very end.

I liked "Godzilla" and recommend that you see it! It was a fun ride!

Flash
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Nice review..my wife and I have been trying to make time to watch it. We are really excites to see it.

Sent from the Bacon isle.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I liked the movie for the special effects and the action.

but they killed the main character Brian Cranston 35 minutes into the movie, that was dumb I thought and a big let down.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    The Kid and I saw the movie a few days ago.

We enjoyed it. Lots of fun.
    My main beef was the short time Godzilla was actually on screen. 2 hour movie and the Big Guy got, maybe, 5 minutes total.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Godzilla got the short end of the action, for sure, but he ended up as the real hero.

Early on, I thought the three critters (two wasps and one lizard) were going to tag team destruction of our cities. The story did not play out that way. They didn't like each other much at all!

I call the critter pair "Wasps" but it's not certain exactly what they were. They resembled the critter in "Alien".

It's a fun movie. Don't miss it!

Flash

Last edited:

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    My only beef was minor and comical more than anything. Went with my fellow paramedic buddy and his wife, heard "we're losing him, he's going into A-fib!"...we smiled and kept on trucking. Good flick overall, would agree Godzeera needed more screen time.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thanks for the review.

You should have them posted in the Houston paper: Maybe in the "opinion" section or "Letters to the Editor."

Top Bottom