• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I saw "Prisoners" at the Senior Citizen cheap show with about 6 other people in the theater. I lived this movie!

The advertisements suggested that families were held captive in their homes and that was NOT what this flick is about. Two girls disappeared on Thanksgiving day and the whole story revolves around finding those girls.

This plot takes lots of twists and turns with clues being left dangling precariously close to the detective who doggedly pursues the abductor. There were two very significant clues that the detective failed to piece together.

I don't want to reveal any of the complex way this investigation proceeds but it was a genuine teaser and kept my interest from start to finish.

There was some violence and some bad language but it was all in the context of frustrated parents grieving for their lost daughters, street type people who live a gritty life style and the cops who deal with this garbage every day.

One of my favorite things about this flick was the way it was filmed. The camera came in close and made me feel like I was part of the action. Tense parts were felt even more because I was really there.

Another thing I liked was the character development. There were no cute babes as "love interests". These people were normal everyday people going about their lives. The characters had flaws and this wasn't a Hollywood style epic. It was about people being people and it dragged me into it hook, line and sinker.

When the detective went into an older home with the storm door not closing properly, I felt like closing the door. I was there and involved.

I am Hell on wheels in unraveling story plots. Usually, I can nail a plot early on in the movie. At the 3/4 mark, I had this one. It was a dark, gritty story with many layers, many surprises and enough tough content to shock anyone.

The movie is 2 1/2 hours long and I bailed out of going a few days ago because I don't like to sit for long periods. I did not MOVE for the entire time! I wasn't going to risk missing anything. The time went fast and I truly hated to see this movie end!

This movie is an absolute MUST SEE! Don't miss the boat on this flick. Spend the money and invest the time. This flick is worth seeing!

My grade on "Prisoners"......A+!
    Lynx Defense

Last edited:
    Top Bottom