• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I treated for friend Bonnie and I to see the movie "Train Wreck" at the Senior, cheap matinee, yesterday. I saw the trailers and even read some reviews that gave a FIVE star rating for the movie. I wish that was true.

Our female lead was taught by her father that relationships were temporary, to enjoy them while they last then walk off when the inevitable end came. Gotta admit, some of that rang a bell in my own life experiences.

The lady beds one guy after another and makes no apology for her lifestyle. She never wanted the home/family/monogamy type relationship and makes no bones about it.

Following my divorce in 1975, I lived like that, too and it worked pretty well for me until I got old & ugly.....snicker. There was a lot for me to relate to and understood how she felt. Sex wasn't a sacred marriage bound duty....it was fun and no big deal!

Then..............she changed and I'll leave the story right there.

I LIKED the Female lead! She was perfect in my book, pretty but short of the "bombshell" type. She was straight up honest, said exactly what she meant and stayed away from Drama Queen behavior! PERFECT!

Reviews elsewhere suggested that nudity was involved here. The Female lead is pretty and I thought some eye candy might be nice on a hot summer day. What they did NOT say is that in all of the sexual scenes, she is clothed in a nightie or similar type garb while the guys are butt naked! That isn't what I had in mind!

OH, she made sexy talk and that was very nice but her sweet ass was totally covered up! If you like to see butt naked, muscular men, this is YOUR flick! No female butts or hooters were making this scene!

Funny? I wanted this to be a gut buster comedy but it pulled only a few chuckles out of me. It just wasn't that funny. Sure, there was plenty of sexy talk and totally absurd bedroom conversation but most of the gags just didn't work.

The end of the flick was nice. It reverted back to the trite romantic script that we've all seen a thousand times but it was very different and pretty funny! The ending saved this movie for me.

There is plenty of sexual talk, lots of "F" bombs, simulated sex, bare ass men and rude behavior. This flick is not for the kids.

Neither Bonnie or I liked the movie very much. We both gave it a "C" rating but the ending carried that rating alone. The rest of the flick was ....yawn........not so hot. It's worth a look if you have nothing better to do.

Still, it was a huge leap upward from the Melissa McCarthy comedy which rested like a turd out in the front yard.

Flash
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Trainwreck referred to her life as a train wreck.

I liked parts of this flick and certainly liked the lead actress. It wasn't a waste of time and had some good moments. It was not a belly buster comedy for me and I noticed a lack of raucous laughter from other folks in the theater, too.

I asked Bonnie if something might be wrong with my sense of humor. She said "No" because she didn't crack up either.

See the flick if you don't have anything else important to do! It's OK.

Flash

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Yea I was expecting slapstick & slutty humor. Got some of that, like you said, but I too found it mostly moderately funny. It definitely wasn't a belt buster like some reviews suggested.

Best humor was John Cena. LoL protein....

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How the Hell can they show numerous scenes of coupled up sexual activity, show naked bare ass men and not display one hooter or female ass? Perhaps they think all of us went over to the dark (Homo) side!

Flash

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Just in!

Amy Schumer, "star" of this aptly named movie "Trainwreck" just went public with her support of Liberal gun controls. Schumer is the cousin of Liberal whiner Senator Chuck Schumer.

http://news.yahoo.com/sen-schumer-comedian-amy-schumer-call-more-gun-142234127.html

Just one more reason to skip this movie!

Flash
    Yes, one more reason to skip. She seems to be right in line with the other Schumer that is always pushing for more gun control and less civil rights.

Top Bottom