• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Here's the beginning of my review for the Primary Arms Micro Green Dot Reflex Sight

So far I really like it. It's a bit bright and blooms a bit but when I cover the light sensor it gets much better.

I think a small piece of scotch tape will help. Outdoors it looks great easy to pick up.

The only surprise is that the on/off is not a switch but the cover. That's ok with me I just hope I never loose it.

It dims and gets brighter as I block or cover the front sensor.

I'll have more here when I get to shoot it next week.

Ordered it Friday 1am and got the box in the mail Saturday. I live close in TX.

14030430.jpg

Packaged nice and tight. Double boxed.

62027768.jpg

Nice Product Black Box

87668701.jpg

Glossy Paper Instructions First Thing.

44407174.jpg

Opened With Contents

13935370.jpg

Package Contents

• Instructions
    • Gel Pack
    • Extra Battery
    • Cleaning Cloth
    • Flat Head Screwdriver Small
    • Adjustment Wheel
    • Green Dot Reflex Sight and Cover
    • Sight Tool

35744961.jpg

Took of the cover and it comes right on.

52430983.jpg

Host Pistol: My Buckmark .22lr with Tactical Solutions integral scope rail with a built in adjustable rear sight.

24155868.jpg

Close up of base.

46043488.jpg

Unloaded

48381721.jpg

Fits right on. Pointed Left.

56965910.jpg

Fits right on. Pointed Right.

89283457.jpg

A quick look inside.

55729378.jpg
    Target Sports

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I went out to American Shooting Center Thursday Nov. 12th. at 4:30.

Buckmark .22lr as the platform

Conditions were dark windy and rainy. Rifle range had targets blowing everywhere.

Sighting in the optic wasn't too bad but I had to remember to lock things down after every change. So, Shoot, Unlock, change windage and elevation, tighten the back locking screws back down and shoot again. No moa clicks, I could never figure out what the included disk was for other than an indicator of what way to turn the screws. The moa marks didn't line up with anything on the sight I could tell, no help from the instructions. Worse was that with the disk on the screwdriver it was hard to see the screws.

Second complaint was the brightness of the optic. Shooting conditions there were dark out at the target and brighter at the shooting bench. So the dot was too bright. That was a quick remedy though with a bit of tape over the light sensor it calmed down to a nice dot.

Once I got it dialed in it was a blast. Sorry no pictures of small little groups but single hole groups of 3 to 5 out there at 7 and 10 yards weren't uncommon.

Things did go south mid way though the range sesson but it wasn't the sight. Groups started to open up after about 200 rounds and I was chasing them around cursing the optic. About 30 min before close I figured out my barrel mounting screw had come loose off my buckmark and threw off the groups. I carry a screwdriver kit and had the barrel back down tight. The whole system was working great after that printing small groups but as I'd been jiggering around with the optic I was off point of aim.

7:00pm it was closing time. 300 rounds fired of CCI Mini Mags ($20.00 worth I love .22lr) I was excited the optic worked so well but frustrated at the barrel screw. I picked up some Teflon Tape on the way back home and some blue locktight for the screws on the gun.

Top Bottom