• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    When people say "revisionist history" and you aren't sure what it means, this is a perfect example.

[video]

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Watching all 4 seasons and the one-off special of an entire TV series in one go? Sure, who doesn't do that!
    57 minutes of YouTube video? Eff that.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Watching all 4 seasons and the one-off special of an entire TV series in one go? Sure, who doesn't do that!
    57 minutes of YouTube video? Eff that.

I watched a 4 hour podcast the other day, lol. Well, spread it over a couple days.

If the content is worthy I'll watch.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Mostly just showing how the museum has twisted history to show that Europeans and western civilization are evil while the rest of the world is great.

The way they have phrased the warefare between tribes and the Muslim crusade across Africa...and this is from a highly credited museum.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Made it 20 minutes. The narrator did a very good job detailing the fallacies of the museums attempt to whitewash pre-colonial African culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I had to laugh when it showed that American slavers took away from their own slavers as if slavery is ok as long as it's kept in house.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Pile of horse shit. It is in NYC so no surprise there. If Africa or African nations are so great, why were they on the wrong side of the age of imperialism? Just call it what it is, more anti-white, anti-Christian propaganda.

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Yeah, it really is. From the first time somebody recounts their version of an event to every interpretive perspective about it, it is all revisionist and will vary from what originally happened, either by omission, interpretation/perspective, or addition.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yeah, nah. That's not it. I get being nihilistic and all. But the idea that all history is revisionist requires expanding the definition of the word to encompass far more it actually does.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    A few years back, the wife & I went to the Bullock Texas State History museum in Austin. While parts were interesting, we both agreed that there was a serious underlying PC agenda involved. I added that to the 1,217 other reasons not to go back to Austin (and I'm a TexasEx Life Member!).

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Yeah, it really is. From the first time somebody recounts their version of an event to every interpretive perspective about it, it is all revisionist and will vary from what originally happened, either by omission, interpretation/perspective, or addition.
    We all understand that each individual's memory is (or can be) flawed to a degree; however, that's not what is referred to here. The "revisionist history" comes when folks INTENTIONALLY twist/slant the delivery of information and selectively choose facts that support their own thesis--even if they know it runs counter to either their own actual knowledge or the knowledge of others in the field. Revisionist History seeks to bend things to support what is supposed to come next. If actual history doesn't support your thesis, make up new history that will.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    Revisionist History seeks to bend things to support what is supposed to come next.

Not necessarily.

History is often revised when we find out new information. The Dead Sea Scrolls gave new information about 1st Century Palestine. Geologists are proving the Egyptian Sphinx is thousands of years older than Egytologists thought. New document releases prove Martin Luther King Jr. was a sexual pervert. We now know there was no such dinosaur as a Brontosaurus. Witches were never burned in Salem, MA.

What you are talking about is the change in how History is interpreted.

Top Bottom