• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    ok so my father in law is setting up my revocable living trust but i would like to know about how a trust works with NFA items can anyone enlighten me??
    Military Camp

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    Google is your friend in this case.

AR15.com has a whole section under the "Armory" section dedicated to Class III/NFA questions.

This site NFA Trust FAQ will get you started and answer most of the basic questions.

In all reality if your father-in-law does not know how a NFA specific trust works, he should not be drafting one for you or anyone else.

Just type "gun trust" into google. Branch out from there and be prepared to spend a couple of hours reading.

If you are talking about how the trust works for acquiring NFA items, that is a different subject and I misunderstood your question.

Joat

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    And a Manufactuerer who is soon to have his 1919 mounted on the front of his ATV!

concealed9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Texas home town....ask...

email sean cody.. the moderator for the Texas home town forum.... he did my trust and he explained alot of it there in his office and also thru a bunch of e-mails before he did my trust..... and is available for "customer support" with nfa forms
    jogn

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Any Lawyers in San Antonio draw up Revocable Living Trust ?

None I was able to locate. But I'll say this for Sean - I emailed him on Sunday, figuring to get a reply Monday morning. Nope - he answered me Sunday, asked some questions, and later Sunday evening had me a draft Trust set up and emailed to me - VERY impressive!!!

gringogigante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    Richardson
    So, if i'm not mistaken, the cost break down comes out like this:

-$300-500 for the Gun Trust
    -$200 tax to the BATFE
    -$XX for the cost of the silencer or the SBR

sound about right?

Gun Trust Lawyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    43 States
    Gun Trust costs

Generally they are around $600 which includes setting them up to meet your desires, your needs based on your family and actual circumstances, and then we adjust them to reduce the likelihood of future legislative or tax changes affecting ownership. There is also no charge for questions in the future (although our instruction guide and manual cover almost everything anyone asks anyway)

David Goldman
    NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog :: Published by Florida Gun Trust Lawyer David Goldman

Top Bottom