Compulsive Collector
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Revolver Tac-lite.jpg
    Texas SOT

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Added a Colt to my gathering of guns. Serial shows it as 1966 Cobra Agent. Great shape. Some type of light wear above cylinder on right side.
    0ff097c517328d29831671af39db8421.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Should be a Cobra, or an Agent. They are two separate models. The only difference is the length of the grip frame. Both are alloy framed. Yours looks like like a Cobra to me. The Cobra was identical to the Detective Special except with the alloy frame.

Here's my (1957) Agent.... with a Case lever lock.

Agent1.JPG

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Everybody should have a single action. It's a Blackhawk. 357/9mm convertible.
    Got one. Love it....especially when all I can find is .38 Super, which works great in the .357 cylinder. Only downside is the NM frame....heavy as heck.

I want a companion piece in .45Colt/.45ACP....but on the lighter medium frame.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Do you have a link to a model number or something? I think I need one.

This is it: https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/specSheets/0320.html

It also comes with a 4 5/8 barrel. One of my first revolvers was a Stainless Blackhawk, but it wasn't a convertible. I always wanted a convertible for some reason. Up until recently they were very rare, there was only a small run of them ever made.

But Ruger has this "distributor" program where they'll make anything a distributor wants if they buy enough of them. One of these distributors had some made and it looks like they are still making them.

The 9mm won't do anything the .38/357 can't do, but 9mm brass is plentiful, the shorter length lets it eject easily, and it's fun to play with if you're a reloader.

Polkwright

Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Got one. Love it....especially when all I can find is .38 Super, which works great in the .357 cylinder. Only downside is the NM frame....heavy as heck.

I want a companion piece in .45Colt/.45ACP....but on the lighter medium frame.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a lot of gun. I'm going to try to find some bigger grips for it. I just need some more length.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Bathroom I shower in is the only room in the house without a gun, besides spare bedrooms.
    Unfortunately, that's also the bathroom the grandkids use when they come over, so I don't feel safe leaving one in there.

Top Bottom