• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coltguy

Apr 22, 2020
    Magnolia
    Can't remember if I posted these before...but they're still nice! These are Colt 2nd gen 1851 Navies.
    Bob

1BNlfWX.jpg

i have always loved the older colts but don’t know enough about them to collect. Great looking guns.
    Gun Zone Deals

ldhunter1959

Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    Never seen one marked that way! That might be a bit of an oddball, but I'm no Colt collector. Sure looks like a Cobra but maybe there was a transitional model. Do you have a pic of the barrel stamp?

Edit: apparently post-1966 the Cobra/Agent were identical and Colt quickly dropped the Agent. Probably after they ran out of barrels. Well I learned something new today. I'll keep digging. I still haven't found another example of one being stamped with both names but Colts and S&Ws both have tons of guns that are "anomalies".
    I stand corrected. Don't know where I got the Cobra Agent on barrel. Just says Cobra.
    May shoot it today along with my new Ruger SR1911 lightweight Commander.
    8d065ac06e69d9c3a2a10e5ea3f6a97a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Royalecheese

Apr 6, 2017
    While it pales in comparison to many of the beautiful revolvers shown here, this is my Ruger .38 LCR.

Other than an old Taurus model 85 .38, which is now permanently housed in my safe, and was the first handgun I ever purchased many years ago, this Ruger is the only revolver I still own and occasionally take for a joyride.... assuming I can find ammo for it.
    IMG_36.JPG

dooladawg

BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2021
    The sticks
    While it pales in comparison to many of the beautiful revolvers shown here, this is my Ruger .38 LCR.

Other than an old Taurus model 85 .38, which is now permanently housed in my safe, and was the first handgun I ever purchased many years ago, this Ruger is the only revolver I still own and occasionally take for a joyride.... assuming I can find ammo for it.
    View attachment 252008
    I also own a .38 LCR.. and a Taurus 85 (1994 model 3" stainless) bought them both new.. guess that makes us brothers in arms..!

Royalecheese

Apr 6, 2017
    My 85 has the 4 inch barrel, but I‘m with you. Even though it was nothing special, I can still remember the day I bought it and the first day I took it to the range. You never forget your first.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom