• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I have a old S&W Model 19 that needs a tune-up. The cylinder pin is not functioning properly, causing difficulty in opening and closing the cylinder. Is there a real benefit in sending it in to Smith & Wesson for the repairs, or should I look for a good 'smith locally to do the work? I'm thinking I'll go ahead and get the internals stoned/polished while I am at it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I would take it to a gunsmith to see what may be wrong.A good gunsmith should be able to fix it.Keep us posted.

oldcop041

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2008
    DFW AREA
    Since it has been a while since you posted, you may have resolved this situation. However:
    The ejector rod can unscrew and bind the cylinder. It should have reverse threads. If it needs tightening, place three fired (empty) cases in the cylinder to support the ejector star. Gently tighten the rod using leather or other material to protect the checkering on the end of the rod.
    You might want to use the below thread as a guide and take the sideplate off so you can clean inside the gun. Trash can get in there and block the proper working of parts.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gunsmithing/1331-want-lighter-trigger-pull-your-s-w-revolver.html

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks OC. I haven't done anything yet, but it's funny you should post this now...I brought the revolver to work with me today to drop off with a gunsmith. Now, you have me wondering if I should try it myself first. :banghead:

I did notice that the ejector rod was a little loose, but only hand tightened it, which did not solve the problem. I'll take a look at the link that you so kindly provided, and determine where I should go from here.

Thanks!

Top Bottom