• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrBart2

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have one (small frame .357 mag) and am very pleased with it. I bought it used (looked new) with a four inch barrel, then ordered a six inch over the internet. I have had it for about 5 months now and have put about 500 rounds of cheap .38 ammo through it. I haven't put any .357 through it yet. It shoots well and is accurate. Mine is a good quality handgun. I consider S&W and Ruger revolvers to make the highest quality revolvers. I would put Taurus just below in quality. I consider the Dan Wesson real close, if not equal to the S&W and Rugers, and just above Taurus products. But, I am judging only one Dan Wesson. I have had many of the other brand of revolvers. Again, I am very pleased with the Dan Wesson that I have. It didn't hurt to have gotten a good deal on the gun also.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Over the years Dan Wesson had some quality control issues. One gun would be great and another plain junk. Have not shot one in several years. The one I owned had one chamber where the trigger was REAL light. That was back in the 80's. I have heard that their QC has improved as of late.

Gpz1100

Mar 15, 2008
    Warren, TX
    as he said, QC issues over the years, mainly due to different owners? there is a dan wesson forum, they can tell you what to look for. i've owned several, to me they were high quality

dee

Well-Known
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    thanks for the replies guys i just got a real good deal on a 741 .44 checked out good w/ a gun smith but i had never heard anything good our bad so i was a lil blind. the trigger seems to be very light

kawi jm

Oct 12, 2008
    I've always liked Colt revolvers the best. My only experience with a Dan Wesson, was positive.

dee

Well-Known
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    this .44 is massive in frame size haven't shot it yet and not sure what i'm gonna do with it i'm not that fond of .44

Top Bottom