• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I’ve always heard cops say the “domestic disturbance” call is the worse kind of call they get. I suppose that’s because they never know what they’re stepping into. Is it a just a case of the guy being drunk and the wife is po’d? Or, are emotions running so high as to be out-of-control? One party or the other (husband or wife) being a ‘deadly’ threat to the other or to themselves or others around.

Ditto what Moonpie said. A very sad day for the officer’s family and the RPD.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I only served three years as a reserve and found domestic calls were the worst. A victim or neighbors would call and when you’re cuffing the old man for bruising or choking the victim, they often change their mind and turn on you. It’s best to have a Female Officer at domestic calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Not really enough information released yet to know if it was a “domestic” violence situation (at least in the traditional sense of that term). Today’s news report are now just saying it was “a disturbance call”. And the perp apparently had a history with drugs and a mental illness issue in his past. Richardson PD has turned the investigation over to the Plano PD.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I0C3y6u.jpg

Richardson police officer David Sherrard was fatally shot Feb. 7, 2018 while responding to a call. He is survived by his wife and two daughters

A 26-year-old man faces a charge of capital murder of a peace officer hours after a deadly shooting incident left a civilian and a Richardson police officer dead Wednesday night, authorities say.

Brandon McCall is charged with capital murder of a peace officer following the shooting and standoff at the Breckinridge Point Apartment Homes.

Police say the apartment resident, Rene Gamez, knew the suspect and was also killed in the shooting.

The shooting suspect surrendered to police after the shooting and could be heard yelling, "I'm sorry" as he was carried to an ambulance.

Investigators said more information would be released sometime Thursday.

qOAQF6J.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    He was shooting at the cops during the negotiations. Not sure how he was injured but he left in an ambulance.

Could be a drug deal gone bad.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Statistics say that domestic violence calls and car stops are where police officers are most likely to lose their lives.

My dad said one of his worst was a DD call. They wrangle the drunk out of control husband, only to have the drunk wife start beating dad in the head with her high heel. They turned their attention to her, and hubby produces a shotgun.

Standoff ensues. Hubby with shotgun to the head of my dad's partner. My dad with his pistol to hubby's head. Backup snubby at wife.

Cooler heads prevailed. I have that shotgun in my gun safe. Back then the cop who took it could keep it if no one claimed it in a month or two.

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Apparently, beat up wives do frequently attack the responding officers, too. I've read of this many times. If they are able to call the cops in an abusive situation, then why attack their rescuers?? I'll never understand that bullshit!

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    He was shooting at the cops during the negotiations. Not sure how he was injured but he left in an ambulance.

Could be a drug deal gone bad.

Not sure about the drug deal thing. Apparently the civilian guy he killed was a neighbor who opened his door when the BG knocked on it - seems more like some kind of neighbor dispute. (Still could’ve had something to do with drugs, I suppose).

BG was taken to hospital due to cops ending the siege with tear gas in the apartment. Probably taken to get “checked out” (and of course, a blood draw so drugs could be checked also, for future use in setting his appointment date with ‘ole sparky).

Never mind.... I recall they retired that method.... now it’s “go to sleep”, while the lethal drugs kick in. (Much more humane nowadays... who the hell decided that was the right way to go?)

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I questioned in another thread about whether a blood draw was typical after a shooting and was told it's not.
    I would expect it to be, as does busykngt evidently.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I suspect it would take just a simple comment or verbal charge from one of the officers on scene to over come any legal technicalities that might arise. (“He appeared to be acting drunk or high, to me”).

[That’s my story & I’m stickin’ to it!]

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Top Bottom