• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I think his statement should be quoted everywhere. He's exactly right. This country was founded largely because folks wanted the ability to freely and openly follow the religion of their choosing. Period. Not to shove it down everyone's throat mind you, and not to hide it away so people never heard of it. A sane, happy medium where I can tell my Jewish buddy Merry Christmas, and he can tell me Happy Hanukkah, and we're both happy. Where I can have Catholic family, and Protestant family, and Mormon friends, and Jewish friends, and any mix of religious views, and we can all get along.

The progressive dirtbags who continue to try forcing THEIR views are no better than the "religious zealots" they so emphatically hate. If you're an atheist, well there's you go. That's fine. That's your religious view. Stop trying to indoctrinate the rest of the world to it. Practice what you preach and all that.

Rick Perry said:
    “I’m proud we are standing up for religious freedom in our state. Freedom of religion doesn’t mean freedom from religion.”

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Perry is 100% correct... You have every right to say "Merry Christmas" to me and I have every right to say "Bah! Humbug!!" back to you. It's ridiculous that there needs to be a law for this.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Perry is 100% correct... You have every right to say "Merry Christmas" to me and I have every right to say "Bah! Humbug!!" back to you. It's ridiculous that there needs to be a law for this.

When in the season I make a point to say it NICE AND LOUD at the department stores. Haven't had anyone argue with me yet.

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    I love the hate-filled comments from the liberal looneys in that site.

I read some of the comments. Wow. They never have any factual imformation, EVER. Just a bunch of name calling and sh*t talking. These are the same poeple that would want to take cover behind one of us if the SHTF.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I read some of the comments. Wow. They never have any factual imformation, EVER. Just a bunch of name calling and sh*t talking. These are the same poeple that would want to take cover behind one of us if the SHTF.

My head nearly exploded trying to read them... Where the **** did the bill say it only protected Christian speech :what: cuz that's what half these idiots are claiming it does. FFS are these people okay with Muslims being the only ones able to say anything about their religion in school since they are required to pray to Meccah several times a day?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

dustycorgill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Garland, Texas
    My head nearly exploded trying to read them... Where the **** did the bill say it only protected Christian speech :what: cuz that's what half these idiots are claiming it does. FFS are these people okay with Muslims being the only ones able to say anything about their religion in school since they are required to pray to Meccah several times a day?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I agree, I also think I lost a few IQ points from reading some of the comments.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Yep he's right.

We have the right to be free from Government forced religion but you do not have the right to be free from me openly practicing my religion.

I don't see what's so heard to understand about that.

Sent from iPhone/Tapatalk

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    Go Perry! Anytime a store tells me "Happy Holidays" I always respond "Merry Christmas to you too" - I don't care that it bugs them. They can bite me if it does. However, many people often smile and then reply with a "Merry Christmas" in addition because if I say it first they are then "allowed" to say it back. But you know that liberal people probably hate that, too, because the next customer in line might overhear it and get wildly offended.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I'm not a religious person. In fact, I'm very turned off by 99% of what any general religion has to offer. Even so, lawsuit happy atheists who act like "Merry Christmas" is the equivalent of greeting a Jew with "Sieg Heil" are a bunch of flaky, histrionic, professional victim morons who give the other 99% of atheists a bad name. Christmas these days is so corporatized it's only slightly more of a religious holiday than St. Valentine's Day. There's hardly any valid atheist complaint there.

Not accusing anyone here of this, but I get a little irked when religious people make blanket statements about atheists being assholes for whining about stuff like this. It would be better to assign appropriate blame to the droves of mindless, revolting sub-humans who only feel validated when acting "Offended" by everything because that's the only way they can EVER feel morally superior to anyone. This isn't an atheist problem- it's a lifestyle victim problem- and religious people have them amongst their ranks as well.

*RANT OVER*

Das Jared

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Friendswood
    I'm not a religious person. In fact, I'm very turned off by 99% of what any general religion has to offer. Even so, lawsuit happy atheists who act like "Merry Christmas" is the equivalent of greeting a Jew with "Sieg Heil" are a bunch of flaky, histrionic, professional victim morons who give the other 99% of atheists a bad name. Christmas these days is so corporatized it's only slightly more of a religious holiday than St. Valentine's Day. There's hardly any valid atheist complaint there.

Not accusing anyone here of this, but I get a little irked when religious people make blanket statements about atheists being assholes for whining about stuff like this. It would be better to assign appropriate blame to the droves of mindless, revolting sub-humans who only feel validated when acting "Offended" by everything because that's the only way they can EVER feel morally superior to anyone. This isn't an atheist problem- it's a lifestyle victim problem- and religious people have them amongst their ranks as well.

*RANT OVER*

I see atheism as a religion as itself.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom