• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Been there, did that...Rode as an Auxiliary, later as a Leo...Theres good days and bad. Boring to exciting, calm to dangerous. Blacks & Hispanics didn't hate us in those days and a Leo wasn't so bound by regulations that he couldn't help people sometimes that got off on the wrong foot. But there was always politics.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I've ridden with my daughter and her partner a few times and on a robbery call they left me on the curb about 3 blocks away.

That had to look hilarious to anyone following you. Police cruiser pulls over, leaves a guy on the curb, and then takes off in a rush. I would have wondered what you said to talk your way out of the car...

Bigs Wife

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Cedar Park
    Ya know, one day I'm gonna be full of good comebacks and you're not gonna be able to say anything. But until that day comes, laugh it up... I still know that I could take you... I'm not scared...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I need to re schedule. And to answer your question lonestar yes I'm considering it and just thought I'd see what life on the street was like after working on a standing post with LEOs where in a way you're one of the guys to the guys that have been there for a while but only a little. You still know when to ask what and when to shut up and stay out of the way. I just want to see what the road's like.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Spending 40 hours a week standing around with some Capitol DPS Troopers does not give you the first inkling of what it is like "on the streets". Even the Highway Patrol Troopers see a very limited cross section of society except in some of the more rural counties with 9-5 S.O.'s. You really should ride three of four times over a couple of months to get a real idea of the reality. You can catch an unusually quiet or busy shift. You could end up with the assumption that it is exciting as hell or terribly boring depending on the shift.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I was with rode troops were I was. there were only two capital troops there. But I said I know that's not what it's like on the streets that's why I want to go on a ride along to see what the street is like. I would never think there was a similarity between a standing post with a bunch of guys complaining because they want to be on the road and talking football guns and politics is anything like being on the street that would be a ridiculous assumption as you said. What I meant by my above post was that as far as "acting like one of the guys" I know and under stand that I'm not and would not try and be.

Top Bottom