• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t hunt, non lead shot is recquired for hunting in Texas?

Even our Cabelas has only 3 shelves w shotgun shells (as opposed to 8 prior)

Only for waterfowl. Lead is fine for dove and quail. I think the non-lead for waterfowl started as a federal thing, but not 100% sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Someone on this forum once said that they'd use sticks and rocks before they'd ever buy anything from CTD again. I loved that line and have used it since.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I just ordered 100lb. of reclaimed shot from ROTOMETALS.
    I have a few hundred pounds from years ago but since they still have some......

Just had to order more!!!
    I ordered 50lb of #7 shot from Rotometals about this time last year. I think it was only like $110 or $117 (shipping included in a USPS Priority Mail box). My postmaster noted that they had pushed that service to it's extreme!

Edit: Looks like it is still about the same price... https://www.rotometals.com/west-coast-magnum-shot-lead-2-25-bags-50-lbs-size-4-9-freight-included/

As my only intention for the shot is only to load full brass .410 shells by hand using foam wads and cardboard shotcards punched from waste and ends sealed with Elmers Glue, mainly for use on squirrels around the house, 50 lbs should last awhile.

Last edited:

Texasmade94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2020
    Dallas
    Yes, steel shot is federal requirement for waterfowl since 90’? Either way a long time..

I just stocked up on cheaper arrows.... figure I’ll try to duck hunt like Tim wells with my bow

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I guess I did okay then today at Wally World when I picked up three 25 rd boxes of Winchester 12 gauge, 2.75", #8 shot. They had a few boxes more. Now that I have seen this thread, I may go back for the rest tomorrow and buy it if still there. I don't have all that much bird shot on hand so any additional is a good thing I suppose.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I guess I did okay then today at Wally World when I picked up three 25 rd boxes of Winchester 12 gauge, 2.75", #8 shot. They had a few boxes more. Now that I have seen this thread, I may go back for the rest tomorrow and buy it if still there. I don't have all that much bird shot on hand so any additional is a good thing I suppose.
    Ammo is ammo in these times.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Unreal.
    BBs and CO2 cartridges are unobtanium?

Strange days indeed.
    I unwittingly stocked up on Co2 cartridges back in 2013. I saw boxes of 25 at Wal Mart, that may have been mis-marked, for $5.56. Scarfed up several boxes. I see they are over $18 now on Amazon. My inventory record shows I still have about 115 cartridges and around 4000 BBs, and 2000 .177 pellets. I need to start shooting some.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom