Join TexasGunTalk

Riding motorcycle with rifle/long gun on back?

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by austin edwards, Dec 10, 2017.

1. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Back when I used Walmart, I used to go on Saturday mornings at ~4AM. The number of strippers and/or sex workers getting off work and stopping by for groceries after they picked up their kid from the babysitter was surprisingly high and always made for interesting viewing.

2. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish,

NEVER been there at 0400 but I know how many HOT ladies are often there at other times.
    (Just because I have a beloved does NOT mean that I've become blind.)

yours, satx

3. benenglish

benenglish Lifetime Supporter Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Member Admin

Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My mom was a real looker in her day and guys used to leer at her. As long as they looked and didn't touch, my dad's attitude was that he didn't care. Direct quote: "I know she's going home with me."

Mom had the same attitude toward my dad when she caught him looking. Hell, she'd point out women to him because, well, as she always said: "I know he's coming home with me."

I actually remember my mom telling a girlfriend who mentioned my dad looking at other women "He's married, not dead."

Those were two people who trusted each other completely. And their trust was never betrayed.

And to go tangentially back on topic - my mom learned to ride on a Hydra Glide. I have no doubt she wouldn't have hesitated to carry a long gun on her back. :)

Different times, though.

ZX9RCAM likes this.
  4. Wedge1

Wedge1 Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Schertz
    The average weight and size of the Cibolo and Schertz Walmart woman is « rotund ». lol.

5. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    benenglish,

Your Mom sounds very much like my "D", as she trusts me to be at home with her, rather than "in the clubs" or "chasing skirts".

yours, satx

6. satx78247

satx78247 TGT Addict

Jun 23, 2014
    wedge1,

Fwiw, The Alamo City is NO longer one of the USA's "5 fattest cities"; now we're 7th & moving DOWN on the list.

yours, satx

7. texasnurse

texasnurse Well-Known

Jul 30, 2016
    Even so, I would strap that backpack on your pillon seat, or sissy bar if equipped that much weight will tear your back up, and if/when you crash will probably damage some vertebrae.

Sent with my IPhone with electronics and fuzzy logic...

8. grasshopperglock

grasshopperglock Q

Jan 5, 2012
    Killeen
    When you hit a bump. A heavy pack is an anchor for the rebound. It'll compress your the hell out your vertebrae. Hundred of times a minute or one good time over the right pot hole. A pack frame should help a lot. I don't have one. I'd try it on a longer ride. Let the weight bounce off your waist. Shoulder straps loosened for it to ride lower....

9. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    Basically, yes

10. candcallen

candcallen Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Im from AZ. Although I quit riding in the early 2000s, riding with slung long guns to the range is not unheard of. Happened all the time and police ignored. Were constitutionally open carry and before ccw everyone open carried. Lots of us. You could tell the out of towners by the shocked looks cause guns were so normal no one noticed. Especially in less urban areas. i.e. everywhere but Phoenix.

That's the one bad thing about ccw permits in the 90s, within 10 years with lots of ccw and non free state immigrants you got a huge influx of MWAG calls. Stupid.

satx78247 likes this.