• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • a44mag4dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello All, I have a question and was needing some help. I am trying to find out when a rifle of mine was made. I have searched the web and not having very much luck. I have an old bolt action Savage Sporter .22lr that has been past down to me thru the family. I am trying to find the year my rifle was made and maybe a little history on it... Does anyone know a website or such that would have the info I am looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, DAVE

Joat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Kenefick, TX
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Where do I find information on older model Savage products?[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A. Savage Arms is no longer able to access historical information on older Savage, Stevens, or Fox firearms. This information may be available through John Callahan who is an independent arms historian and is not an employee of Savage Arms. Mr. Callahan does not provide parts, gun smith services or offer a locator service for firearms or parts. Please send a detailed letter with: [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Your name and address
    -A phone number where you can be contacted if necessary
    -The model and/or serial number if available
    -Any other pertinent information
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mr. Callahan will respond with a letter detailing his services. Send the
    letter to:
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Callahan
    53 Quarry Road
    Westfield, MA 01085
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Are there any reference sources for Savage historical information?[/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A. Yes, there is a book by Jay Kimmel titled, Savage & Stevens Arms, Collector's History. For more information on where to purchase this book, contact, CoryStevens Publishing, Inc., 15350 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR, 97230, by phone at 503-328-9339, or on the web at www.corystevens.com[/FONT]​
    Savage_Arms_Stevens.jpg
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Joat
    [/FONT]​

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Hello All, I have a question and was needing some help. I am trying to find out when a rifle of mine was made. I have searched the web and not having very much luck. I have an old bolt action Savage Sporter .22lr that has been past down to me thru the family. I am trying to find the year my rifle was made and maybe a little history on it... Does anyone know a website or such that would have the info I am looking for? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, DAVE
    rimfirecentral.com is the place to check, sombody there will know what you have and when it was made.

Top Bottom