rifle inheritance

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
howdy, I have inherited what looks to be some kind of Italian rifle??

Theres some numbers and letters stamped on the barrel:BA 521
F A E T 68
DS

Any information is appreciated, thanks

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
No, there isnt a caliper marked any where, I used my caliper it reads 6.21mm inside diameter at the end of the barrel. What I wanna know, with the shorten stock, would it be safe to shoot? I plan on cleaning it really good. The bolt action and pin fire is tight and operates good.

dcs12345

Feb 17, 2009
Temple
check out surplusrifle.com they have alot of info on surplus military rifles. As far aas finding ammo try wideners.com, aimsurplus.com, grafs.com, or www.ammunitiontogo.com out of Brenham.

cuate

Well-Known
Jan 27, 2009
Comanche Co., Texas
6.5 Carcano Italian is correct. There is a clip you have to have if you want the rifle to feed more than one at a time by hand. You can find one online.

They have very little value aside other military rifles but are pleasantly accurate, and ammo can be found here and there. I believe if memory does not fail me, a rifle as this was used by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas
with a scope.

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
Is that rifle safe to shoot with a rigged stock? Or should I buy a full length stock and upper hand guard? pleasantly accurate??? I called sam down at the cutting edge armory he said it isnt a accurate rifle. Of course i have been given bad advice from him before.

Nate C

Mar 30, 2008
Black Cat Ridge
"I believe if memory does not fail me, a rifle as this was used by Lee Harvey Oswald in Dallas with a scope."

Oh sure. That's what they want you to believe...

Sorry, couldn't resist.

People 'sporterize' guns to reduce the extra weight associated with the old wood-intensive military stocks, or to achieve their aesthetic vision of whatever constitutes a 'pretty rifle'.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud
Every Day Man

Latest posts

Forum statistics