• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    I noticed the flash suppressor on your rifle is perforated, while some others have slits in them. Is the perforated model for the California market? Bill T.

p99guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Haslet
    Oh the "shooters stock pack"..thats made By Eagle Industries(29-36 dollars depending on if its on sale someplace or not)
    They are very popular with both the Police and .Mil folks, and very adjustable..had a nice leather cheek pad that doesnt burn your face on contact in the Tx heat, or feel unbearable cold when your standing up to yer hemline in snow. They are great

Last edited by a moderator:

33shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    I noticed the flash suppressor on your rifle is perforated, while some others have slits in them. Is the perforated model for the California market? Bill T.

If you were referring to my scout then sorta. All the springfield scouts come with that muzzle break. The ones with the "slits" are GI style flash hiders that come standard on 22" versions. They also came standard on military issued M14's and most older M1A/M14 clones. I believe that the ones like I have are cali legal, but don't quote me on that. I plan on replacing it soon anyway. FYI, mine is a Springfield Scout Squad, which has an 18" barrel.

50calRay

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    blah
    I like the highlight job you did on the Bushmaster snake logo. Did you use a China Marker? Bill T.

Thanks,

I bought it that way from a friend. All he did though was use one of those touch up paints you buy at Chinamart for fixing small scratches on cars. Just brush it over the area and whipe off the excess paint with a towle. Then let it dry.

billt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Glendale, Arizona
    http://www.memorableplaces.com/m1garand/whitelettering/whiteletteringstep1.html

I found this site, and bought a red and a white China Marker from Midway, and want to try it, but I'm a little "chicken". I also bought a Bonanza Gold filling kit, and have used that to fill in some engraving on other guns that I have. It works very well, and turns out beautifully. I'm just a little afraid to try the China Marker method. I'll give it a shot on a small area and see how it turns out. Then go from there. I really like the way yours turned out. Damn Internet! :D Bill T.

noelnkeith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Blanco, TX
    Remington 30-06 and the 6.5 Italian Carcano my Grandpa gave me when I shot my first dear with it, I didn't realize as a youngster that I probably shouldn't have refinished it, and a Marlin 22 plinker.

Last edited by a moderator:

TXgolfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Humble,TX
    Remington 700 CDL SF in 270 w/ Zeiss 3.5x10x50 and Newly installed Jewell Trigger:)

Attachments

• CIMG0051.jpg
      CIMG0051.jpg
      82.3 KB · Views: 606

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Looks like ASC. I see the bullet holes in the roof. Personally you couldn't get me out there to shoot if you paid for the range, my bullets, a steak dinner & my gas.

Yup, was ASC. That's where I usually shoot since it's just down the road from me. Just have to make sure you go on the off days where the gangsta's aren't trying out their new AK or shotgun.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom