• ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    csYRTUt.jpg
    My Springfield SOCOM. I restocked it in a USGI Big Red walnut stock, refinished it in a hand-rubbed linseed oil (thinned with mineral spirits) finish and installed a Sparrowhawk FDS-Ambi full dummy kit (selector switch).
    I really like the way that looks. Sexy rifle.
    Hurley's Gold

BrianMDTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2021
    Conroe
    Thanks, guys. Although I came of age with the M16A1/AR-15 (which IMO looks great in a black stock and absolutely atrocious in walnut if you’ve ever seen one), I prefer most rifles stocked in walnut or laminate. I realize this SOCOM was made for the elements, but I always loved the look of the M-14/M1-A in wood, especially walnut. After doing some research, I opted for a USGI Big Red stock. To be 100% truthful, I really did not refinish it. It was dirty, so I cleaned it, but I left any dings and dents in it as it earned them 50 years ago. All I did after cleaning was rub it down with linseed oil thinned with mineral spirits (about 15 coats). It looked like this when I got it.

qmRZuWa.jpg

After I was done.

Ts8Ic9a.jpg

It’s got some figure for a military stock.

bqT2mw2.jpg

flgfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2020
    The Woodlands
    Couple guns from today.

Left is an 11.5 Midwest Industries upper on a 17 Design folding lower. SBA3 brace, Holosun dot on an ADM QD mount. Sandman-S can.

Right is a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 with a Gemtech integrally suppressed upper and a PA 1-6 22LR ACSS lpvo in an ADM high QD mount. It’s comically quiet.

SpvGO3p.jpg

Last edited:

Hzeng

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I have a Mannlicher M1895 that had a broken mag well when I got it years back which required me to hand load the darn thing and kicked like a mule. Finally got around to buying another trigger group that worked and disassembling the whole thing.

still kicks like a mule but now it can feed and eject the stripper clips properly.
    F86EB3E2-ABAB-4B1C-98A2-AF37CF366510.jpeg
    CFFA51AB-EA17-444F-ADB0-425C12069A6B.jpeg

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    I've had this Paratrooper for some time. In fact it was my first Para, and it came in some fugly painted furniture. All the short lug stocks I came across went to other more needy projects. I decided I give a TAPCO T6 with a twist a go. OD & black, grip mod, black Navel sling. Still a spiffy little rig, and nothing permanent. It is a commercial abomination anyway. PAX

Couple crappy picts of the completed transformation. Numbers matching, I suspect the painted furniture was too. PAX

T6-para-002.jpg

T6-para-003.jpg

Hzeng

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Sugar Land, Texas
    I've had this Paratrooper for some time. In fact it was my first Para, and it came in some fugly painted furniture. All the short lug stocks I came across went to other more needy projects. I decided I give a TAPCO T6 with a twist a go. OD & black, grip mod, black Navel sling. Still a spiffy little rig, and nothing permanent. It is a commercial abomination anyway. PAX

Couple crappy picts of the completed transformation. Numbers matching, I suspect the painted furniture was too. PAX

T6-para-002.jpg

T6-para-003.jpg
    Sweet rifle!

long_tall_texan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2021
    DFW
    Last week I traded for an AK that makes AK guys cringe. I got an AK chambered in 9mm!

It is a Chiappa RAK-9. It originally came with their "sport" stock and furniture. I have already replaced it with a Magpul Zhukov stock and Hogue grip and foregrip/gas tube cover. Looks a lot better now just from the furniture swap. It is compatible with any standard AKM style furniture sets.

Oh, and it runs like a top. It takes Glock Mags. I've run OEM Glock mags, the 33 rd KCI mags that came with it, as well as the 40 rd ETS happy sticks that I already owned. They all run reliably. Really fun plinker.

Original Furniture
    View attachment 20211205_174705~2.jpg

New setup:
    View attachment 20211208_165029~2.jpg

View attachment 20211208_165041~2.jpg

Last edited:

Hzeng

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Finished installing laser and flashlight on my PS90, SBR process took half a year from application to drilling out the existing pin.

Only thing left is maybe paying the extra bit for a nicer takedown button and extended charging handle.

Attachments

• D2E1A6AA-59FD-48CA-B164-86062B7415CF.jpeg
      D2E1A6AA-59FD-48CA-B164-86062B7415CF.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 79
    Top Bottom