• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I just bought a Remington 1917 (the Enfield design, of course) and I would like to know where I could go and shoot it at. I haven't had anything bigger than pistols since I left the Marines in '98, and I am really itching to get back into shooting some more respectable "Marine" distances. I was pretty d*** good when I was in, and I'm looking forward to building my skills back up to the level they were at before I got out.
    Anyway (of course I know I'm long winded!), I was wondering if anyone knows of any ranges that fit this description in the New Braunfels/San Marcos area. I live in New Braunfels, my parents live in San Marcos, and I'm always over there, and I work in Buda, so I've got kinda a broad range along I35 from Austin to San Antonio.
    DK Firearms

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    There is a private range by Dietz's down past the LE range. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but if you call Dietz he could give you the contact info. Not sure what the requirements or fees are. I have only shot out there once, IIRC the far targets ranged around 560yds. It is a nice setup.

ETA: That's funny, just noticed my avatar is from shooting out there.

mike4045

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Victoria
    I got 650 yds n my land, but it's about a 2 hr drive. I have been considering extending it to 800 yds. There is a new one with long range as an emphasis being constructed right now. I have been told it is about 4 months from opening. There is one in College Station, but I have never been there.

Mike

597newbie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    I just bought a Remington 1917 (the Enfield design, of course) and I would like to know where I could go and shoot it at. I haven't had anything bigger than pistols since I left the Marines in '98, and I am really itching to get back into shooting some more respectable "Marine" distances. I was pretty d*** good when I was in, and I'm looking forward to building my skills back up to the level they were at before I got out.
    Anyway (of course I know I'm long winded!), I was wondering if anyone knows of any ranges that fit this description in the New Braunfels/San Marcos area. I live in New Braunfels, my parents live in San Marcos, and I'm always over there, and I work in Buda, so I've got kinda a broad range along I35 from Austin to San Antonio.

this might be too far away...
    Tiger Valley
    Tiger Valley
    Phone: See website for contact info.
    Address: Just northeast of Waco, off Hwy 84. See website for detailed directions.
    Hours: See website for events – not open to the public
    Fees: See website for events and courses.
    Highlights: 1000yd range, multiple tactical bays, steel knockdown targets. Civilian and LEO courses. Regular matches.

Top Bottom