• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    A friend of mine just purchased a set and I'm thinking this would look good on a few of the AR style rifles I'm looking at
    Store - Paracord Rifle Sling

I've never used paracord on my slings, but I really like the idea of US made and especially made by the hands of a veteran.

Comfort is important to me, but it's utility that I'm most interested in...especially the incredible amount of paracord stuffed into these. For you guys that have used paracord slings, thoughts on function?

I've used QD's before, but I've never used the Grovtec swivels they come with standard. How do you guys like these mounts?
    Guns International

txtard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    dallas
    I haven't used the Grovetec swivels but those are bad ass. I may have to order one. I don't even have a GMC product.

JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    I haven't used the Grovetec swivels but those are bad ass. I may have to order one. I don't even have a GMC product.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a member, but I like the idea of helping out a veteran, especially a wounded/retired trying to jump start his business. I'm either going to get their standard Grovtec swivels or the Grovtec quick disconnects.

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Using paracord as a rifle sling was a common practice with our Special Forces in Vietnam although they tied the cord to the front sight, not the sling swivel allowing it to be more easily be carried in the "Ready" position. They would also use a carabiner to clip the paracord to their MacGuire (SP?) rigs when being extracted by dangling beneath a helo.

JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    Using paracord as a rifle sling was a common practice with our Special Forces in Vietnam although they tied the cord to the front sight, not the sling swivel allowing it to be more easily be carried in the "Ready" position. They would also use a carabiner to clip the paracord to their MacGuire (SP?) rigs when being extracted by dangling beneath a helo.

No kidding, i didn't know they tied it to the front site.

I decided to put an order in and just received a personal email back from the admin confirming my order...pretty nice and fast service. I'll let you know how it works out but so far I'm really pumped to grab one of these.

JohnnyBoyy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2013
    I received an email today with a photo of the slings...I should have them in hand next week!

I decided to get one with the Grovtec swivel and one with the quick disconnects. I think the color combo I went with looks pretty badass.

JohnSling_zps01960bbc.jpg

Top Bottom