Hurley's Gold

Rifle type used in school massacre ‘designed to kill multiple enemy combatants at once’

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    .... They are a cancer of divisiveness in this country and guess what, we are past the point of it getting better

Sadly, that's the way I see it also.
    Took about three generations to get here.
    Take it at least that long to get rid of the purposeful, malignant ignorance.
    Doubt we, as a society, have what it takes.
    Target Sports

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    My opinion to that is never in history has an ar 15 committed mass murder. Its always the guy pulling the trigger. For every mass shooting 1000's of AR's sit in closets not causing problems.

Anyone who thinks an inanimate object is a killer is plain stupid. It only means they do not like or use that item. If that were not true then all cars would be banned because the small minority that drive them drunk kill people so they all should be banned and the list goes on.

What needs to be done is hold people accountable for there actions. If you let your kid run wild and act like an ass because he is just being a kid well when he really screws the pooch its the parents damn fault actually its the pubic that is at fault for it due to parents not being able to discipline kids in a meaningful way and no I do not beat them and for not letting teachers and adults in charge the right to spank smack or whack with a ruler ect.

But hey lets ban an inanimate object I am sure that all the bad guys will be first in line to turn them in.

Probably an unpopular opinion here, but I'm going to voice it. It's my right.

I'm a gun owner, have been for years, have had rifles, pistols. I understand school shootings are the "cost of freedom", according to some. Are we getting apathetic in regards to mass shootings? Is that the cost of freedom? Is it so inconceivable we can't have a proper discussion of the evolution of the gun culture and hardware in the U.S.? Yes, SOMETHING needs to be done. Social media posts and emoji's of "support" for victims is not the answer. I think we need to make a cold hard look at both the systems that allow the purchase, and of the hardware and features that are readily available to enable a mass shooting spree. It's only getting worse, with no end in sight. And I don't like the price the innocents are paying.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    See, this is the kind of shit "celebrities" think makes sense:

EorrkTk.png

Never mind that half of these actually already exist or aren't the issue those morons think it is.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Resulted in lots and lots of knife violence.

I have an English friend from Leeds. Not a single gun death in that city for years. But on a weekly basis, the knife is used.

Like Ben said, its the heart that is the problem, not the weapon. Or as I have said for years, "hate finds a way."

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    Just heard Sen Bill Nelson Fl say that we need a law to outlaw the AR 15, of course he also said the AR 15 used was an Auto, then he goes on to say he is hunter, owns guns and the AR 15 was made to kill people.
    I saw that stupid shit.

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Then one day the media woke up and realized they couldn't demonize guns as effectively if they referred to "mass murders". Why? What are the biggest mass murders in U.S. history? In order, the top 7 are:

Great post, erudite, well written and with cites.

That said, the first thing a liberal is going to ask in an attempt to nullify your point is:

Why only the "Top 7" listed in a world of "Top Ten" lists?

Any idea?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Any idea?
    Pick a number and the point still stands. I originally limited it to "top half-dozen" since that seemed like a round number. Then I realized I made a mistake on the list and added another incident, bringing it to seven. That's why the odd number.

Still, you make a good suggestion. I've revised it into a "Top Ten".

Last edited:

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I could revise it again and make it a top ten, if you'd like.

That would be good, IMO. Why?
    That post is so good I was going to ask to copy it, with attribution.
    No longer as quick witted with words as you already demonstrated on the issue, was just trying to head'em off at the pass in the event it came up and it was up to me to rebut. ;)

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The cartridge is named Automatic Pistol Cartridge (don't know why, was it originally designed for a truely automatic pistol?), but the 1911 Colt pistol has a semi-automatic action.
    Did you read the link you posted?

Top Bottom