Join TexasGunTalk

Rifle type used in school massacre ‘designed to kill multiple enemy combatants at once’

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Ranger550, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas
    According to this report, shooter used 10 round magazines.

Read more....

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202486304.html

2. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I love how they call normal capacity magazines "high capacity". I consider a 10 round AR mag to be a limited capacity magazine.

pronstar, dapakattack and Southpaw like this.
  3. dapakattack

dapakattack Member

Apr 11, 2013
    DFW Area
    Let's face it, anything that holds more than 1 is a high capacity magazine. /s

4. TheMailMan

TheMailMan Well-Known

Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    A standard refrain from the Left is "if you can't hit the target with one shot you need marksmanship training" or something similar.

I guess they don't understand that the Second Amendment isn't about target shooting.

If they're so hellbent on restricting us then I feel the police, as a part of the Government should set the example.

5. DwnRange

DwnRange Active Member

Jan 5, 2015
    "Nikolas Cruz was armed with 330 rounds of ammunition when he entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and began firing at pupils and staff with an assault rifle, according to law enforcement sources.
    He left 180 cartridges behind unused when he dropped his weapon and escaped by blending in with fleeing students, unnamed officials told CBS News and CNN."

Something doesn't smell right here - according to reports he fired 150 rounds and NOW it comes out he was "using" 10 rounds magazines? That's 33- 10 rnd. mags, what nit-wit buys 33- 10 rnd mags; much less changes 15 of 'em during the shooting?

and then there's the above....., “weapon and bullets were not high quality and were breaking apart,” - soooo..... the S&W MP15 rifle or the bullets were breaking apart? When was the last time ya saw a MP15 or store bought 223/5.56mm ammo "break-apart"?

One would think that as time passes and the longer the information regarding what actually happened eeks out - the more questions would be resolved and answered, but instead; thanks to the "incompetence" of those imparting the information - the more confusing it gets.......

I ain't buying any of it - not until I hear from someone that atleast sounds like they know their butt from a hole in the ground when it comes to weapons, ammo and accessories used in them.

mwrookie, TheMailMan and Vaquero like this.
  6. pronstar

pronstar Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

Meanwhile, in San Francisco, that great bastion of liberalism...here's the example Government actually set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mwrookie likes this.
  7. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yes, and he didn't use a bump stock, but that doesn't stop people for bringing up past gun control issues. It's not really about solutions to school shootings, it's about banning devices that make snowflakes melt upon hearing about or seeing.

8. seeker_two

seeker_two Well-Known

Jul 1, 2008
    Maybe they should make all their armed bodyguards trade in their Glocks for T/C Contenders......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mwrookie likes this.
  9. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Now that makes a little sense.
    They were outside, no idea where he was, so shooting blindly.
    They didn't just "miss" 65 times.

Although, no regard as to where their bullets were hitting.

mwrookie and karlac like this.
  10. karlac

karlac Gone fishin' ... TGT Supporter Lifetime Member

Aug 21, 2013
    WestU, TX
    "Lead in the air, meat in the pot", don't work in this situation, guys.
    There had to be collateral damage.
    How many lawsuits??