• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    With the exception of Walmart I don't have any issues buying .22 at very good prices these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gun Zone Deals

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There never was a .22 LR shortage.

Instead, we had a bubble where major retailers refused to raise prices in their stores because they were afraid of pissing off customers.

Speculators swarmed in, bought all the ammo at store prices and sold their ammo on-line or at gun shows and flea markets at double or triple the retail price.

Many Gun Shops did the same. Said they had none, but sold all they could on-line at far higher prices.

When the reputable on-line companies raised prices, all hell befell them.

I've commented on this throughout. Some have suggested I am an ammo whore for following the trend. If so, I plead guilty.

I have not sold a single round of .22 LR on the secondary market. Nor have I been to a gun show in over four years.

I've given away more .22LR than I have shot.

Be well.

When supply can't meet demand, it's a shortage. That's exactly what we had.

I know you won't reply because there is no logic to support 90% of what you post so you resolve yourself to drive-by nonsense and you'd have no way to validate any of it. But I thought I'd reply anyways.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    i have found that the Browning BPR is just as fast and far more accurate. It's a 40 grn bullet traveling at 1400 fps. It's like a match grade Super Calibri.

Super colibri is a 20gr bullet at around 600-800fps depending on what it's fired from.

I don't think the Browning ammo is an equal alternative.

CaliberUnknown

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2017
    Westside of Ft. Worth
    Yeah, just went online and it's there, so it must be true! LOL.

Anyway , the rumor is Aguilla will no longer make Super Colibris!!! I'm having a hard time seeing my keyboard through the tears. It's like a kick in the junk I didn't see coming.

I've got a Marlin with a huge 3×9 scope and you have to feed a rpund at a time manually, but when you squeeze one off, it's much quieter than an air rifle, and the loudest noise is the thump of the animal or target it hits.

Anybody knows where to get some PLEASE l

CaliberUnknown

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2017
    Westside of Ft. Worth
    Super colibri is a 20gr bullet at around 600-800fps depending on what it's fired from.

Thank you very much. Yes, the SuperColibri is a 20 gram bullet. More importantly, it is a POWDERLESS cartridge. The primer is the only propulsion....hence why it's almost silent. However, it's very effective at supplementing the dinner table without attracting much attention.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    The latest issue (I think) of "Guns and Ammo" had an article about a variety of .22 caliber rounds.

One of the many interesting points of the article was that rounds in the 1000 fps velocity or so, is that velocity achieved greater accuracy than the faster rounds.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The latest issue (I think) of "Guns and Ammo" had an article about a variety of .22 caliber rounds.

One of the many interesting points of the article was that rounds in the 1000 fps velocity or so, is that velocity achieved greater accuracy than the faster rounds.
    Last month's issue which I haven't read yet.

I just got the latest issue so thought it was worth mention.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    22lr availability? Heck I would just like for Winchester to bring their QC standards back to where they were pre Ophucko. My vintage 1975 Winchester 9422 will not cycle the mass produced rounds they make. I fear that the hoards of boxes I have of Federal and Remington might do the same through this rifle.

I've taken it to a TGT recommended gun smith and he gave it back to me and said there's nothing wrong with it ... it's the ammo. He then went and got some CCI's and they cycled like butter through this rifle. Then he loaded the tube with Winchester and it wouldn't cycle at all.

Ughhhh

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Then I'm kinda clueless, I thought it was pretty clear. Perhaps Google on your own if you are confused.

Well lets see...

This was posted:

Followed by this shit here.

Yeah, just went online and it's there, so it must be true! LOL.

Anyway , the rumor is Aguilla will no longer make Super Colibris!!! I'm having a hard time seeing my keyboard through the tears. It's like a kick in the junk I didn't see coming.

I've got a Marlin with a huge 3×9 scope and you have to feed a rpund at a time manually, but when you squeeze one off, it's much quieter than an air rifle, and the loudest noise is the thump of the animal or target it hits.

Anybody knows where to get some PLEASE l

Yeah, I don't see how that could possibly be any more clear. But I guess I will google your cluelessness and see what I find. Do I just google your username for examples, or are there specific subjects you're clueless about?

Top Bottom