• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATN2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Texas
    If all you ever do is shoot at a square range, or you live in an apartment or something, i could see that.

But a good suppressed .22 is so stupidly useful, if we talked about half the things it's great for, we'd be banned.
    I shoot at a couple of ranges but they are all pretty much square.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The 22s are always crowd pleasers. I probably have 10 right now. I cycle through the 10/22s from compact, lightweight, standard and bull barrels. Like ARs, the more the merrier. For the pistols I admit my Ruger single six convertible has become a safe queen but the Ruger mkiiis, SW victory and buckmark have spit out a ton of lead over the years. I finally bought a cmmg conversion this year and it's also a hoot but the 10/22s are my go tos.

Probably the one caliber the GF will always make a trip to the farm with me to shoot. She prefers her 2x scoped buckmark but I really dig her buckmark vision ultralite. I never have added a bolt gun or a lever, I've squeezed enough accuracy out of the 10/22s to never care.

I once shot the primer pockets out of some 7.62x39 cases years ago at 25 yards. My buddy thought I already had them in my pocket so I had him mark 3 more. Hit 2 out of 3 dead center. He was impressed when I brought them back to the bench and poured out bullets and some recently loosened dirt out of them.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Rimfire is great as everyone has said. I have a couple mkii’s, revolvers, an old pump gallery rifle, and a Cmmg upper. But my current favorite is my Ruger precision in .17hmr.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Anyone that doesn't appreciate rimfire

1695421012920.png

jetcycles

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Shoreacres, TX
    To answer the unanswered question from the OP, I believe the B14R is an awesome platform at the price point, IMHO. Factory trigger can be massaged but drop ins are plentiful should you decide to upgrade. I'm no rimfire snob (I've shot NRL22 matches with a Savage Mark ii fv-sr and finished mid pack) and I believe the B14R is pretty close to the sweet spot between box stock accuracy and the point of diminishing returns for most shooters (I'll tip my hat to CZ in this arena as well). Unless you are a top tier rimfire shooter ordering specific lots of match grade ammo or have more money than sense, the dang bergaras just seem to perform well when you feed them the right diet. I can talk rimfire all day, in many aspects/platforms, how deep down the rabbit hole do y'all want to go?

2f4022ff9ce7d95326b624eaf828d877.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I feel like I should start a forum topic for all things rimfire. I seem to post enough about it. Today it’s about the Bergara B14R and user experiences. Good gun, bad gun? Effective range? Better options? Right now I have a Ruger Takedown Lite with Leupold scope, a TacSol with Primary Arms GLx scope and a CZ 457 VPC. Do I really need another .22? Thanks for dropping by…

That’s a good start.

Need some time with my 10/22 takedown. I’ve never shot it.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    I have a Marlin model 60 I was gifted back in 1966 (or 67); still a very accurate rifle. Have 3 or 4 other ..22 rifles and a half dozen or so handguns - to include a .22 magnum rifle and two .22 magnum revolvers.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm reaching back, but we used to have a rimfire competition. I'd be down with that if somebody wants to revive the thread. Last week I took two .22's to the range. I'd have no problem making that a weekly event.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    When shooting at our local indoor range I usually take along either my S&W model 17 or Browning Buck Mark just for fun. On a few occasions I've won a few dollars shooting my S&W against guys shooting .22 target pistols. Some folks just don't believe a revolver can be as accurate as a pistol.

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    I really enjoy shooting .22's...
    I took my 10/22 to the range this past weekend to check out the new scope I put on it.
    The only thing I've done to this one is put it in a curly maple stock and put the Ruger upgrade trigger in it.
    These groups were at 50 yds using CCI standard vel ammo....
    most of the 5 shot groups were under .8", with one group (at 9 o'clock on the big red bull) was right around .5"......
    The lower left group was CCI Blazer, 20 rounds.
    All the stuff in the middle area of the red bull was the sighting in/adjusting of the scope.
    Considering how breezy the day was, I'm pretty happy with that....

10-22 new scope.jpg

Top Bottom