• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    One challenge that most drivers will face on a situation such as this is threat recognition. I reckon most drivers will view the mob as a driving threat to avoid, focusing their attention on not hitting perceived pedestrians.

With divided attention, recognizing a firearm threat could be challenging, which is why avoiding entering the crowd is the best tactic.

When that’s not possible, an armed threat on foot is way more maneuverable than driver and/or occupants in a vehicle, so it becomes the age old decision to dismount and fight or remain in a reasonably more protected vehicle with greater options, but with less maneuverability and increasing the chance for collateral damage as well as damage to, or immobilization of the vehicle.

If dismounted, there’s certainly drawbacks to that, mainly the loss of protection, potential for the mob to overwhelm, and the potential for LE to determine you’ve now escalated the situation.

With the continued escalation of actions by these mobs, my threat assessment has to back way up in the timeline so that I can avoid the mob entirely.

Luckily, we haven’t have a need or desire go into AUS or SAT in a long time, so that’s a huge threat mitigator right there. We had a choice to pass thru AUS on our way to Round Rock last weekend or add a few minutes and bypass AUS entirely, so we we chose to mitigate the threat and avoided AUS entirely.
    Guns International

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    The thread there got moved to some internal forum that is only accessible to paying members so I'm unable to provide a link. I only have a pleb's account there since im not paying whatever the fee is to be surrounded by tactiqueers.

But someone on instagram mentioned it, so I looked and saw the thread. The next day it was moved

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    One challenge that most drivers will face on a situation such as this is threat recognition. I reckon most drivers will view the mob as a driving threat to avoid, focusing their attention on not hitting perceived pedestrians.

With divided attention, recognizing a firearm threat could be challenging, which is why avoiding entering the crowd is the best tactic.

When that’s not possible, an armed threat on foot is way more maneuverable than driver and/or occupants in a vehicle, so it becomes the age old decision to dismount and fight or remain in a reasonably more protected vehicle with greater options, but with less maneuverability and increasing the chance for collateral damage as well as damage to, or immobilization of the vehicle.

If dismounted, there’s certainly drawbacks to that, mainly the loss of protection, potential for the mob to overwhelm, and the potential for LE to determine you’ve now escalated the situation.

With the continued escalation of actions by these mobs, my threat assessment has to back way up in the timeline so that I can avoid the mob entirely.

Luckily, we haven’t have a need or desire go into AUS or SAT in a long time, so that’s a huge threat mitigator right there. We had a choice to pass thru AUS on our way to Round Rock last weekend or add a few minutes and bypass AUS entirely, so we we chose to mitigate the threat and avoided AUS entirely.
    I always drive around Austin. Im hoping one day the reason is to avoid nuclear fallout.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    One challenge that most drivers will face on a situation such as this is threat recognition.

Until recently, I certainly would have faced that same challenge. Now, with the many nightly, Democrat-led riots in cities around the nation, I think it's pretty much #1 on my threat list. I assess that I'm more likely to blunder into a riot than to have my house robbed, or whatever might have been my #1 safety concern just 6 months ago.

6 months ago I would have been just like most, "Why are all these idiots standing in the middle of the street? Maybe if I honk they'll wake up and clear out..." until it was too late.

I think this depends on so many different factors that it's difficult to generalize one tactic as being better than another, unless I'm missing some underlying assumptions. It's a rich field for discussion and learning, no doubt about that.

Absolutely. As you also mentioned, avoiding Austin entirely is our decision as well, whenever possible. When we must go into Austin (e.g. we had to pick up my wife's mother in Austin last Friday after a doctor's visit) we get in / get out. There's no thought to going shopping, getting gas or grabbing a bite to eat (see business owners? Democrat policies are hurting your businesses every single day), we're in and out as fast as humanly possible.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Remember an old TV show in 2003. It might give you an idea about what Covid-19 is about today.

DID A 2003 FICTION TV SHOW REALLY PREDICT CHYNA.VIRUS.18+1 AND THE CURE!??

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The thread there got moved to some internal forum that is only accessible to paying members so I'm unable to provide a link. I only have a pleb's account there since im not paying whatever the fee is to be surrounded by tactiqueers.

But someone on instagram mentioned it, so I looked and saw the thread. The next day it was moved
    Know who he is now. A little digging turned him up.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not abdicating going out and plowing down protestors. I believe anyone with any common sense whatsoever is staying the hell away from anything to do with these protests. I'm just pointing out that momentum, and inertia go a long way.
    Yeah... tell that to the deer i hunt;)

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    A good ranch hand bumper, and that truck would be more than that little crowd could slow down.

RanchHand - Check
    35" Tires - Check
    4" Lift - Check
    500 HP - Check
    Brodozer - Check

FoTime.jpg

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

You need to be team

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Top Bottom