• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have my doubts. These "protesters" picked downtown areas as they knew it's where they'd get the most media attention. While there's a chance a small select group may take it upon themselves to move to the suburbs, attacking homes instead of businesses will quickly turn into a very bad idea...

majormadmax,

Fwiw, I live in the East side of san Antonio & less than 2 miles from the downtown business district, in a "solidly working-class area"..

Never mind suburbia. IF the rioters, arsonists & other criminals are FOOLISH enough to enter Government Hill Historic District to do anything violent, I suspect that there will be a SUDDEN NEED for numerous ambulances & likely the ME's van, too.

NO BRAG. FACT. = This area of SA, which borders the east side of Ft Sam Houston, is filled with Active Duty, ARNG, ANG, retired military & other GIs, as well as a lot of active/reserve/retired LEOs.

Further, our zip code was surveyed in the Fall of 2018 & there were at that times exactly TWO homes (both were occupied by elderly ladies) that did not possess firearms/ammo.
    (Most every house has a shotgun, many also have "deer rifles" & goodly percentage also have handguns of various calibers/types.)

GHHD therefore would be a REALLY POOR PLACE to enter into to start committing crimes, without expecting that householders will fail to respond to criminal acts W/O using firearms to repel assaults/violence directed at our loved ones, homes & property.

In one "incident" in 2019, a married lady (whose husband was at work "on 2nd shift" at the Toyota plant) heard someone trying to break into the back door of the house about 2100 hours. - She called a man who lived next door by phone & after that called 9-1-1.
    When the SAPD officers arrived about 10 minutes later, they found 4 armed men from the neighborhood, who were holding 2 men (22 & 27 YO) at gunpoint & awaiting the police.
    (The 22YO complained to one of the 3 SAPD patrolmen that he feared that he would be shot by the neighbors. The LEO responded that the prowler was lucky to not have been.)

yours, satx

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There were more than usual black people in Fredericksburg today, going about their business on Hauptstrasse, shopping and visiting restaurants etc.
    There was some sort of protest meeting at the courthouse still going on at about 1315hrs as I was leaving town with a bunch of self loathing young white folks, whom I was able to salute appropriately.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I saw they protested in alamo heights today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Organized by "Karen", a political science prof.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/lo...-racial-justice-in-Alamo-Heights-15322023.php

b8aff53640211db6f5875a86ee23a690.jpg

Attachments

• b8aff53640211db6f5875a86ee23a690.jpg
      b8aff53640211db6f5875a86ee23a690.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 770

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    There were more than usual black people in Fredericksburg today, going about their business on Hauptstrasse, shopping and visiting restaurants etc.
    There was some sort of protest meeting at the courthouse still going on at about 1315hrs as I was leaving town with a bunch of self loathing young white folks, whom I was able to salute appropriately.
    Interesting. I didnt know Fredericksburg had issues with police brutality towards black people. Learned something new.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Interesting. I didnt know Fredericksburg had issues with police brutality towards black people. Learned something new.

Don’t confuse people showing up with there being a problem. Austin and SAT are an easy drive.

There was a similar gathering in Boerne this weekend and I know that most of those folks were not from around here.

Top Bottom