• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I found this song by Willie just a little over a year ago. He just keeps getting better and better. Awesome song. I played this song for a very close family friend last year when she lost her younger brother. U hope it gave her some comfort.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Funny story about this Brooks & Dunn song. I remember it was on a Friday night and I was on a date with this lady friend Connie, I had been seeing for a little while. She lived in Rusk, at the time, and I lived outside of Palestine, and we went to Henderson on date to a restaurant I had found working there, so we decided to got there to eat and go to the movie that evening. We dated for a few months, and then other things came up and we went our separate ways. The funny part, a few years later, I started dating her cousin, (my current wife!) but didn't know they were cousins until a couple of years later at one of my wife's family reunions, when there was her cousin Connie. And yes, we do call her Crazy Connie!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    It was a very long and tiring day today for the wife and I. We had a funeral to attend this afternoon for a very close friend of the family. She finally lost her battle with Alzheimer's a few days ago. She was a very kind and lovely lady, and very generous as well, always helping others any way she could.

We are going to miss her deeply.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Our friend was 78, and only a year older than my own father, so it makes me think I need to spend more time with my father, and appreciate him even more. Things can happen so quick, and we can never get back the time we wasted, and I don't want to have regrets, not having spent enough time with my own father. Tomorrow isn't promised to us.

For my own father.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    Sorry to here about your loss, brother.

I just got home from the ranch. My buddy Terry said there are coyotes everywhere, so I loaded up the truck and headed for the ranch this morning. I don't know if he actually see's them or just hears them.
    The hay pasture's are too tall for me to see any, and the cow pasture's aren't much better. Needless to say, we didn't see any yote's or pig's, and then the clouds rolled in and blocked out most of the full moon that I was counting on.
    Oh well, maybe next time!

Top Bottom