RIP: Tom Clancy

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
Dec 28, 2012
Cedar Park
BTW just to clarify, I'm not a felon or anything. I had and old misdemeanor from when I was 18 in KY. When moving from AZ back to Texas I went and sat it out for 20 days just in case it came up trying to get a job. Sucks paying for being a stupid teenager lol.

Back on topic, Tom will be sorely missed. I do have to credit him with helping me develop a love for reading and giving me a TON of reading points per book in school.

coachrick

TGT Addict
Dec 26, 2009
north-north Austin
Can't tell you the last time I read a work of fiction...but I've enjoyed movies based on his writings. I know movies aren't the pure representation of the author's efforts; but I found them compelling, nonetheless. 66 is hitting pretty close to home!

shortround

TGT Addict
Jan 24, 2011
Grid 0409
"The Cardinal of the Kremlin" was probably his best.

I served in Germany in 1982 right after a retired British General, Sir Winthrop Hackett had his book The Third World War: August 1985 published.

It was a sensational hit because it revealed actual NATO war plans in a fictional context of the Cold War and the Group of Soviet Forces in Germany. Most of us read the book and said among our selves, that if this shnitt happens, we are flocked.

Then Tom Clancy came along with his string of military/political thrillers that out did Sir Hackett by spades.

Sadly, Clancy in ill health, sought collaborators to help write his latest novels.

RIP

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads