• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeandSugar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2017
    Como
    Ok, I get it. This is not anything new. However, what is it about the Democrat message that people are foolish enough to want to support or why the Republican message is less persuasive?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/11/voters_electing_democrats_who_despise_them.html

Pathetic these transplants leave a "sh$thole" for greener pastures, only to come and vote the same "dimwits" who mucked up the state they are escaping from or these young millennials who are "still living the fantasy." When these millennials reach their prime in earning years, there might not be the economy they had been "fantasizing" once the leftists have had their say in "central planning" and 1001 ways to wreck an economy.

It's conservative policies that have resulted in a TX boom and has resulted in the state attracting new opportunities along with new voters. The dichotomy of thought and ignorance of these newcomers is disheartening.

“Those new residents are changing the partisan hue of once-reliably Republican suburbs and fueling a massive surge in new voters in solidly Democratic urban cores that even Republicans acknowledge will put the state’s massive haul of electoral votes in play for the first time in a generation."

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-texas-to-swing-state-territory-maybe-by-2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    G&S: I am not saying this to be mean, but some of us here have been predicting this was going to happen for years now, but frequently were ridiculed for doing so. So now that it is pretty much a fait accompli we continue to bitch about it like it is new news. As the saying goes, a day late and a dollar short.

To create a new R voter from scratch takes 18 years and 9 months, and pretty much requires home schooling to keep them from being brainwashed by liberals. That puts us at 2037.

Last edited:

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Many people who like living in large metropolitan areas are less independent and are more comfortable with government control of their lives. They like big cities, big companies and big government.

giphy.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    “Those new residents are changing the partisan hue of once-reliably Republican suburbs and fueling a massive surge in new voters in solidly Democratic urban cores that even Republicans acknowledge will put the state’s massive haul of electoral votes in play for the first time in a generation."

How odd. Texas has had 39 democrat governors. And 7 republican governors. Texas has always been a prominent democrat state for most of its history.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    I watched a truck move through the Wally World parking lot with NY tags and a BETO sticker attached. I so wanted to get close to give them a ear full

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

How odd. Texas has had 39 democrat governors. And 7 republican governors. Texas has always been a prominent democrat state for most of its history.
    Real different democrats back then.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Posted this article on another thread the other day. This guy knows his politics and is a 2A Gun Guy to the end. Read this for some explanation and a warning. It is not long and involved. Short and to the point. BUT if we lose Texas OR Florida it is over. Easy Rider is right. These folks DO NOT think logically. They think like our Public Ed system and lamestream media has taught them to think which is LET GOV DO OUR THINKING FOR US. Dividing into 5 states is not a bad idea. Gain senators that way AND dilutes the impact of losing either Texas or Florida on the electoral college. (another liberal target)

https://personalliberty.com/the-hidden-warning-in-the-2018-midterms/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I watched a truck move through the Wally World parking lot with NY tags and a BETO sticker attached. I so wanted to get close to give them a ear full

And that's the first guy who gets on the CB while pulling into the truck stop...asking if any of the other drivers are "lonely".

As you're eating your dinner watching T.V.. You look out the sleeper and see at least one or two guys take up the offer. Walking across the pi$$ smelling parking lot to his truck.

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    ALSO, ANY polling place run by Democrats IS at risk. I have worked the polls before. Situational morals AND integrity are real issues in that party for sure.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.

So that was you in the van with Free Candy written on the sides.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    G&S, to answer your first question:

free stuff.

Plus the perception that the “government” will take care of everything. If you’re young (millennials), then the promise of potentially free education - no student loan debt - and jobs made available. If you’re old (retirees), then the perception the government needs to protect Social Security and Medicare from those who would destroy such social safety nets. And has been pointed out, our Liberal oriented educational system has (for decades) been preaching this gospel. So, it’s no wonder the idea “big government” is better government. Alternatives to “free stuff” means you have to actually WORK for it..... and who wants to do THAT?

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Ok, I get it. This is not anything new. However, what is it about the Democrat message that people are foolish enough to want to support or why the Republican message is less persuasive?

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/11/voters_electing_democrats_who_despise_them.html

Pathetic these transplants leave a "sh$thole" for greener pastures, only to come and vote the same "dimwits" who mucked up the state they are escaping from or these young millennials who are "still living the fantasy." When these millennials reach their prime in earning years, there might not be the economy they had been "fantasizing" once the leftists have had their say in "central planning" and 1001 ways to wreck an economy.

It's conservative policies that have resulted in a TX boom and has resulted in the state attracting new opportunities along with new voters. The dichotomy of thought and ignorance of these newcomers is disheartening.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-texas-to-swing-state-territory-maybe-by-2020

I wonder how much of the fault for the rapid degradation of Texas’ traditions and values can be saddled on the backs of mega- developers, financiers, politicians and old, large, land holding families that have sought to gain fast riches through expansion of the State’s Economy and accelerated Real Estate Development.....

Top Bottom