• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Great Southern Forest of Indiana
    OKAY!!!
    The Colt SAA in my picture is a First Generation, Black Powder Frame Sheriff's Model .45 Colt. First Generation SAA Sheriff's Models are quite rare. Sheriff or Storekeeper models had no ejector mounted under the barrel. This one is lettered from Colt in Hartford as made in February 1895 and shipped to a company Store in the Lynx Creek goldfields in the Arizona Territory. Number of guns in the shipment was only ONE! was special ordered with one piece checkered Elephant Ivory grips.
    One exceptional Old West Colt! View attachment 256946 View attachment 256948 View attachment 256950 View attachment 256951 View attachment 256952 View attachment 256953 View attachment 256954 View attachment 256955

I like the box with the old Gilsonite finish. Colt or added later?

Mad John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I like the box with the old Gilsonite finish. Colt or added later?
    The case is vintage but no way to tell if it was sent that way in 1895 because there was only ONE gun in the shipment to Arizona Territory. Not mentioned in the Colt letters. Checkered one piece Elephant Ivory grips is also a custom order so the box it anybody's guess. I turned down $27 K for it.
    I'll NEVER find another one.... lol NFS!
    John

Top Bottom