• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    The medical and dental boards & Gov. Abbott all agreed on rules allowing doctors & dentists to perform elective procedures again starting tomorrow. I'm working through all the rules now.

Bottom line - screen all the patients & staff for COVID and wear and N-95 or similar mask if there is risk of aerosols.

A lot of doctors are having trouble getting their furloughed workers back. Turns out the unemployment checks are too tempting. That's pretty sorry.

Medical Board rules here:
    http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/dl/6765AAAE-C598-8E73-E59B-C27AA5AC19AA

Dental Board rules here:
    http://tsbde.texas.gov/78i8ljhbj/Emergency-Rule-108.7_ls-4.30.pdf

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I’m sorry to hear your staffing problems.

Q: are the SBA/PPP conditions dependent on keeping the same people or keeping the same number of staff.

From an HR standpoint, a furlough is temporary with an expectation the worker will return when called, while lay-off is permanent. Also, if furloughed and failing to return, it can be cause for termination depending how your employment contract is constructed.

I realize there’s cost and emotion associated with terminating the old and on-boarding new staff, but if the terms of the loan are dependent on staff numbers being equal or higher....that leaves open some options.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I’m sorry to hear your staffing problems.

Q: are the SBA/PPP conditions dependent on keeping the same people or keeping the same number of staff.

From an HR standpoint, a furlough is temporary with an expectation the worker will return when called, while lay-off is permanent. Also, if furloughed and failing to return, it can be cause for termination depending how your employment contract is constructed.

I realize there’s cost and emotion associated with terminating the old and on-boarding new staff, but if the terms of the loan are dependent on staff numbers being equal or higher....that leaves open some options.
    Fortunately I don't have staffing problems. Some of my colleagues are having those problems, though.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    That is the constant complaint by San Antonio liberals on the re-opening of restaurants and the like. They don't want to go back to work; but if they don't, they may lose their unemployment benefits.

For those of us who continued to work during this mess, we don't have much sympathy for them. They too sound like they've gotten used to sucking off the government teat, and would like the working masses to continue to pay for their vacation...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Because our surgical gowns are hot. We sometimes turn on fans to keep us cool during procedures but the portable fans we have would be difficult to thoroughly disinfect so I've removed them. I'd rather patients wear a sweatshirt than us be sweating all day.
    And that's the only one I read that I take issue with. You want to start an IV on me? Good luck if the room is cold. Basic physiology: the veins burrow in to retain heat. I think I could almost start my own IV with my vein in one arm if I am toasty. You can see it popping out. How could you miss it then?
    I only ever had one bad experience donating blood when the tech had to dig around for my vein. Never again.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    And that's the only one I read that I take issue with. You want to start an IV on me? Good luck if the room is cold. Basic physiology: the veins burrow in to retain heat. I think I could almost start my own IV with my vein in one arm if I am toasty. You can see it popping out. How could you miss it then?
    I only ever had one bad experience donating blood when the tech had to dig around for my vein. Never again.
    Missing veins bc of the temp is like shooting down and left and blaming the gun. Tell them to stop sucking at IVs.

Top Bottom