• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Has anyone used the RJF branded mags at Academy? I really hate to put a few cents in Wills wallet, but Im pretty sure they were $10 dollars when I walked by earlier. the mag itself isnt branded, just the packaging. I may suck it up and grab a few I have most everything for my go bag I can get from their and need a few more mags to toss in the bag.
    Military Camp

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    And Ive googled it, but they all dont say anything other then what they think of will, and they are made in CT.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    As long as there are no RJF markings on the mag, and you promise to burn the wrappers as soon as you get home, you will not be banned from TGTalk.

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Sifting through a bunch of Red Jacket hate and bashing, it seems as though they're ASC magazines in RJ packaging. Also seems that ASC is good quality. That's just a brief search though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's the metal mags, right? Check the bottom plate to see if it says RJF, or another brand. Most of my metal mags that I've picked up randomly are marked "Brownells".

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    If you're ever in the Ft Hood area-my neighbor has a bunch of metal mags that he's selling for $10 each. That'll get you your metal mags AND they're not RJF ;)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Sifting through a bunch of Red Jacket hate and bashing, it seems as though they're ASC magazines in RJ packaging. Also seems that ASC is good quality. That's just a brief search though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Alright guess Ill get a few. I got a few Tapcos, but Id rather have Steel if they dont have Pmags. So Ill be taking the Tapcos back(base is way too wide)

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    A member here graciously donated a RJF magazine to herself's first AR for being a TAMU grad. It has worked fine and never had an issue with it. No hard duty, only a few times to the range, probably less than 150 rounds through it. Just another metal mag IMHO, nothing spectacular or particularly damning about it.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It's not the mag people are cringing over-it's the company. I used to LOVE RJF until I started reading what they were doing behind the scenes.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    They were out. Took the two Turdcos back(love the AK mags though). Ill find something somewhere Ables usually has a icechest full Ill stop if I run up tp my grandparents one day, or just order some online(hate paying shipping so probably not). I have some Pmags but figured I could get metal mags and leave them loaded with no worries.

Top Bottom