• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tblack89

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2022
    Hutto tx
    What, exactly, is a "School District PD"? Is it real police? Or just rent-a-cop? Like Paul Blart?
    In my experience it’s usually cops that suck, kinda like a demotion position. They are employed by the police department but work at the school.

Example: when I was going to school we had 1 who was assigned the position after breaking his knee kicking a door in serving a warrant. We also had an older 1 who was basically doing it until his retirement. Real cops who sucked or were just older guys.
    Target Sports

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    When I was in high school (early 90s) our campus office was a La Porte Police Department officer assigned to the high school.

When my brother was a Baytown PD officer, on of his extra jobs was with one of the high schools. That was late 2000s.

Now several school districts have thier own police departments and the officers are fully licensed peace officers by the state.

I still laugh when I see a car marked P.I.S.D Police. (Pasadena ISD Police).

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    In my experience it’s usually cops that suck, kinda like a demotion position. They are employed by the police department but work at the school.

Example: when I was going to school we had 1 who was assigned the position after breaking his knee kicking a door in serving a warrant. We also had an older 1 who was basically doing it until his retirement. Real cops who sucked or were just older guys.
    Depends on the district, but many districts have an independent police department just like many political subdivisions of the state like cities and counties. Austin ISD Police enforces state law on the property of the school district, but has limited jurisdiction as a peace officer statewide and is hardly a funky position. Many of AISDPD's Officers retired from being a municipal police officer and slid over the the school district and double dip with pension and salary.

Надіслано з дому вашої мами за допомогою Tapatalk

Top Bottom