ROAD TRIP IDEAS.. Houston too... ???

accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008
Greetings all,
Looking to take a nice long road trip, leave friday and come back sunday morning.. so i figure about 8 or 9 hours their and back. Anything cool to see within 300 to 400 miles of houston?

accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008
The wife picked up a very old paperback of day trips around Texas. I'm willing to bet they still print something of the likes of it.

Not knowing what you have seen makes me reluctant to start naming off stuff.

I have not seen much. when i lived in cali i would just drive to vegas and back to get out of town. I have driven from Los angles to Atlanta 3 times but i never really stopped to smell the roses. i was sorta thinking of just driving north.

juwaba98

Well-Known
May 9, 2008
North Zulch, TX
Just get on I10 and head west. Stop where you feel like it. San Antonio is fun, but still big cityish, keep truckin and the Kerville area is nice, hell even El Paso is out that way somewhere.

baboon

TGT Addict
May 6, 2008
In a dumpy house on an expensive lot
Touring Texas - Texas Tourist Guide

Texas Tourist Attractions

Texas Tourist Guides

I tend to like the outdoors, but with the temps on the rise you may want to consider indoor destinations.

The Hill Country, the Davis Mountains are some of my favorite places. Once I'm out of Houston my moods change very quickly. Over the weekend I went up to a friends in Palestine before heading to Longview for Hushfest. The heat was the worse part of it.

Once I show you Greenwood gun club you will be burning gas to their on a regular basis.

claymore504

Well-Known
Dec 2, 2008
Katy, TX
My wife and i go to Gruene every year. We try to just pick a different place in Texas a go once a year. Big Bend National Park would be nice!!

Tass

Feb 28, 2009
Head west

I really enjoy taking a trip to Natural Bridge Caverns every few years (especially after a good rain has fallen)....Head toward San Antonio and follow the signs.

Tass

kerryp

Apr 12, 2009
Bastrop
Wimberly is a cool little town, you would like it alot.

You can rent a little cabin there on the river or camp along the river, do a little fishing,

if you have a significant other with you, she will love the shopping at the little shops in town. Its one of the coolest little towns in Texas....there is also a shop there that sells custom holsters and belts so you can check it out if so inclined and give us a report [url]http://www.customleatherbykwa.com/[/URL]

Top Bottom