• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Greetings all,
    Looking to take a nice long road trip, leave friday and come back sunday morning.. so i figure about 8 or 9 hours their and back. Anything cool to see within 300 to 400 miles of houston?
    ARJ Defense ad

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife picked up a very old paperback of day trips around Texas. I'm willing to bet they still print something of the likes of it.

Not knowing what you have seen makes me reluctant to start naming off stuff.

accordingtoome

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    The wife picked up a very old paperback of day trips around Texas. I'm willing to bet they still print something of the likes of it.

Not knowing what you have seen makes me reluctant to start naming off stuff.

I have not seen much. when i lived in cali i would just drive to vegas and back to get out of town. I have driven from Los angles to Atlanta 3 times but i never really stopped to smell the roses. i was sorta thinking of just driving north.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Just get on I10 and head west. Stop where you feel like it. San Antonio is fun, but still big cityish, keep truckin and the Kerville area is nice, hell even El Paso is out that way somewhere.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Touring Texas - Texas Tourist Guide

Texas Tourist Attractions

Texas Tourist Guides

I tend to like the outdoors, but with the temps on the rise you may want to consider indoor destinations.

The Hill Country, the Davis Mountains are some of my favorite places. Once I'm out of Houston my moods change very quickly. Over the weekend I went up to a friends in Palestine before heading to Longview for Hushfest. The heat was the worse part of it.

Once I show you Greenwood gun club you will be burning gas to their on a regular basis.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    My wife and i go to Gruene every year. We try to just pick a different place in Texas a go once a year. Big Bend National Park would be nice!!

Tass

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    Head west

I really enjoy taking a trip to Natural Bridge Caverns every few years (especially after a good rain has fallen)....Head toward San Antonio and follow the signs.

Tass

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Wimberly is a cool little town, you would like it alot.

You can rent a little cabin there on the river or camp along the river, do a little fishing,

if you have a significant other with you, she will love the shopping at the little shops in town. Its one of the coolest little towns in Texas....there is also a shop there that sells custom holsters and belts so you can check it out if so inclined and give us a report [url]http://www.customleatherbykwa.com/[/URL]

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    If you like German food, (I do)Fredricksburg is a nice small country town on the weekend. Also has the Nimitz Museum, and oh, yeah it's the home of Chaparral Arms.

fnmedallion

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    haslet texas
    for me there is no bad part of texas in any and all directions there is a myriad of things to do and see just get a map and spin the bottle u will find something new and diff each and every trip

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I recommend clicking the below link, picking an area from the map, and incorporating as many of these roads into your trip. Most people prefer the Hill Country for scenic driving. Fredericksburg is a great place to get out, have some food & snack, or go visit a couple of the wineries there.
    Texas Motorcycle Roads

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    Make sure your drive through Llano (Near Burnet and Lake Buchanan). When you get there, visit Cooper's BBQ. Among other things, have the smoked pork chop. Drive through Marble Falls, visit Pedernales state park. This is Texas! There's always something to see. If your wife likes wine, there are all sorts of wineries in the Hill Country. The Comal Dry Creek Vineyard is nice and they've got some interesting wines.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Make sure your drive through Llano (Near Burnet and Lake Buchanan). When you get there, visit Cooper's BBQ. Among other things, have the smoked pork chop. Drive through Marble Falls, visit Pedernales state park. This is Texas! There's always something to see. If your wife likes wine, there are all sorts of wineries in the Hill Country. The Comal Dry Creek Vineyard is nice and they've got some interesting wines.

+1 for Coopers, they are not the running best BBQ, but consistently delicious. There are lots of vineyards in the area, be sure to stop in for a tasting at one or two.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom