• 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    This happened at "my" Popeye's restaurant:

[URL]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6404613.html[/URL]

(And the dumbass Chronicle reporter fails to mention the race of the murderer)

Fast-food manager killed during robbery in NW Harris Co.
    By CINDY GEORGE Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

May 2, 2009, 12:43PM

A northwest Harris County Popeyes manager was killed overnight during a robbery.

As employees were preparing to leave the store at 15107 FM 529 just before midnight, a man entered the fast-food business with a handgun and demanded money.

The man reportedly forced the manager to open the safe and locked two other employees in the walk-in freezer. After taking the money, the robber ordered the manager into the front walk-in cooler and shot him to death.

According to a Harris County Sheriff’s Office release, the suspect is an approximately 6-foot-tall, heavy-set man with close-cut or shaved hair wearing a dark-colored suit and a blue shirt with no tie. He may be driving a green, four-door Honda or Toyota.

The identity of the manager has not been released.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Harris County Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
    ARJ Defense ad

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I agree.

I haven't been there in quite a while, but if it's the manager I know of, he was a particularly nice guy.

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    This happened at "my" Popeye's restaurant:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6404613.html[url]http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/metro/6404613.html[/URL]

(And the dumbass Chronicle reporter fails to mention the race of the murderer)

That's only a few blocks from my house as well. I've been there several times. Definitely made me think when I saw the story this weekend.

Unfortunately it was not a single dumbass reporter that omitted the race. It is a policy of the Houston Chronicle to not report the race of crime suspects. They apparently feel it is more important to be PC than help give out information that could possibly take murderers off the street. A completely idiotic policy. The suspect was black as reported by better news sources.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    This is of concern for me as I manage an establishment about a mile, as the crow, flies from there. I have a CHL but will be fired if I carry on company property. I'm thinking of wearing a windbreaker in this heat and taking the risk.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    It is a policy of the Houston Chronicle to not report the race of crime suspects.

Or party affiliation. Unless, of course, the perp is a republican.

I'm pretty unhappy with the Chronicle and will not resubscribe. Fortunately for them, they endorsed Obama after my subscription renewal check cleared.

Darn wife and her timely payments

Top Bottom