• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

crzy_one

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Austin
    Damn, I read it this morning and signed on to see what else was known. Never thought for a second it could have been one of us here. He just posted yesterday too!!!!
    My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

If anyone hears of the family needing any help please post.

TCSO is of course coming together and helping take care of his family.

Here is a link if you want to donate money. They are legit and have helped out many people in TCSO in their time of need. 100% of the donations made in his honor go directly to his family.
    https://www.tcsheriff.org/community/sheriffs-memorial-a-benvelonce-society
    Venture Surplus ad

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Great guy, I met Craig several times, he used to purchase reloading supplies from me. HORRIBLE turn of events. My ex-wife and I will morn this loss of a good person. Our prayers go out to his family. We will miss you, Craig.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    My prayers go for the family no matter the cause. It will be tougher on them now. My best to them

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park

You listening to Ward talk about it on KLBJ too? Really sad that he seems to have done it for insurance payout for his family as he was in a bad financial spot :/ Seriously anybody on here who is in a situation like this, come out and tell us. This is a pretty tight knit community when it comes down to it and I know many of us would do anything in our power to help people get through tough life spots like this even if all we could give were words of encouragement or advice.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    My prayers go for the family no matter the cause. It will be tougher on them now. My best to them
    Yep. Same here.

You listening to Ward talk about it on KLBJ too? Really sad that he seems to have done it for insurance payout for his family as he was in a bad financial spot :/ Seriously anybody on here who is in a situation like this, come out and tell us. This is a pretty tight knit community when it comes down to it and I know many of us would do anything in our power to help people get through tough life spots like this even if all we could give were words of encouragement or advice.
    No kidding. As bad as things seem at the moment, it will change. It always does.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    No kidding. As bad as things seem at the moment, it will change. It always does.

Pretty much....I'll expound a bit with a rant on this too.

Let me preface by saying I've been in this situation where the nasty thought has crossed my mind more than once. I have my problems with making close friends (I really haven't had any in the past two years) and problems creating relationships (I've only had one shitty relationship in the past 11 years basically). I'm trying to get better with these issues but sometimes it does get me down. I've had several times lately where I dwelled on suicidal thoughts for more than a brief moment. I didn't try to bury and ignore those thoughts though and either went out for a run, went climbing, started reloading or talked to family about the issues.

Never let a sense of stoicism push you this far to thinking that suicide is a good answer to any problem in life. I'm not saying stoicism is bad or "toxic masculinity" feminist BS. Obviously it was a vital survival mechanism back in our tribal days and is still even relevant today. You don't want to sit there having a pity party when the tribe needs meat obviously, but suicide doesn't help the tribe either.

And of course just talking to people isn't always the best option to dealing with these problems either. Obviously men don't always deal with the grief of life by sobbing into a pillow or talking to others. Sometimes creating things is the best way to deal with these problems. Go write a song, build a shed, reload some ammo or bang some steel.....something that gives us a sense of accomplishment has a really big impact on our mental well being even if it's something fairly superficial in the end. Point being there's always something you can do to change your mental state, something besides taking drugs that can sometimes exacerbate those issues (I'm not a being fan of psych meds in case you can't tell).

Here's a discussion with an author/therapist who deals with how men grieve specifically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom