• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Highplainsvet

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Amarillo
    I'm in the market for a home defence 12 ga. and have heard some good things about the Rock Island M5 and the Mossberg 500/590 tactical. Any advice on any of these would be helpful. I own a Rock Island 1911a1 CS and it is built like a tank, figured their shotguns would be too.

Highplainsvet

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Amarillo
    Thanks for the advice I'm going to drop by Academy today and will look at the Mossberg's. On another note I looked at a Winchester mosel 1200 0r 1300 (?) at a local pawn shop that that a 18" silver colored barrel made in Turkey. Don't know anything about these, but the guy wanted $425.00 for it ( I thought it was a little high ??)

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've never heard of that Rock Island pump. I just checked it out-that's a sweet looking gun! It looks like just a cheaper version of the 870, while still being well built.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    H&R/NEF Pardner is a Chinese clone of the 870 but has the long barrel and not interchangeable with the 870 barrels. However, it is a high quality clone right at $200. Check the used counter at a few stores, I saw a nice used 870 for $240 locally.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    H&R/NEF Pardner is a Chinese clone of the 870 but has the long barrel and not interchangeable with the 870 barrels. However, it is a high quality clone right at $200. Check the used counter at a few stores, I saw a nice used 870 for $240 locally.

They make an 18" HD model. No choke, though. But at that price, you can afford to have the barrel cut for a screw-in choke later.

Smokewagon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    West Texas
    I picked up the Rock Island Armory M5, in a Gebo's a couple of months ago. The heat shield looked way cool, so I had to have it. I haven't been disappointed. Functions flawlessly and eats buckshot, birdshot, and slugs without issue. Nice shotguns for the price. Mine has the parkerized finish, but they also offer a matte nickel finish for about $10 bucks more.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom