• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    I just got a call from EL Diario asking my opinion on whether the agent used excessive force. I guess he didnt like my response since he ended the phone call after I told him that I felt the agent did nothing wrong.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It just sucks that the agent didn't get more of them. Maybe he needs more training and live fire drills.

I have heard of bringing a knife to a gun fight, but a rock? That is just plain ridiculus.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It just sucks that the agent didn't get more of them. Maybe he needs more training and live fire drills.

I have heard of bringing a knife to a gun fight, but a rock? That is just plain ridiculus.

I thought this combat technique was a perfected and trademarked item from Palestine?

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    mmmmm agent did nothing wrong, he will get screwed over it though, and hate to say it but there is one less illegal we will have to worry about deporting later on down the road when his parents tell him to shove the drugs up the bum and get walking cause i need more cigs!

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    I saw the video, one handed shooting (headshot). While restraining another illegal alien on the ground. This agent deserves a medal.

Just watched it and the one question that I have is Why was there a group of people filming the illegals trying to cross? To me it almost looks like it was a set up video to record what the agents were going to do the illegals.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I saw the video, one handed shooting (headshot). While restraining another illegal alien on the ground. This agent deserves a medal.

While I find absolutely no fault with what he did, do you think that the fact it was a "headshot" is going to make matters worse???

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    While I find absolutely no fault with what he did, do you think that the fact it was a "headshot" is going to make matters worse???

It is indeed sad that anyone would have to die, however, the facts are: illegals crossing the boarder, illegals throwing deadly objects at boarder patrol, illegals breaking multiple laws in a country they don't belong in. I am not sure, but in my humble opinion I feel that the attack on the boarder agents warrants there use of deadly force. What part of Illegal do people not understand? They have no rights in this country! If the boarder was secure, then perhaps incidents like this would not occur..

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso

I hope not. The libs here may whine about it, but too bad. When you have to shoot someone to defend your life, you are not suppose to wound them. You shoot to kill ! I just wonder if he was actually aiming for the head or was his shot a little high ?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I hope not. The libs here may whine about it, but too bad. When you have to shoot someone to defend your life, you are not suppose to wound them. You shoot to kill ! I just wonder if he was actually aiming for the head or was his shot a little high ?

That was the reason for my question.....people could twist it to seem as though he was trying to kill the individual as opposed to just defend himself.
    I know, the wording seems wierd, but I can't figure any other way to word it.

I will re-iterate that I feel it was a good shoot if it is still not clear.....

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    I read that a shot analisis card says that grouping high while shooting one handed is caused by too much heel on the grip. Plus The agent was trying to restrain someone on the ground, bringing his left shoulder down and his point of aim a little higher. I know cause CSI said so....LOL

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    That was the reason for my question.....people could twist it to seem as though he was trying to kill the individual as opposed to just defend himself.
    I know, the wording seems wierd, but I can't figure any other way to word it.

I will re-iterate that I feel it was a good shoot if it is still not clear.....

I am sure that the agent didn't shoot the young man because he was bored. People have opinions as to if this was a good shoot. I think that we need to wait until all the facts are in. Just because someone made a cell phone video of PART of the incident , it only shows what they decided to video. I think that if this young man was hurling rocks, or "rocking", as the media says, the agent was being assulted with a deadly weapon and had a right to defend his life. I guess it would be more media friendly to say that he was aiming center mass and the suspect just moved. We may never know for sure.

We shoot across the road from the Boarder Patrol station in Santa Teresa and can hear them practicing at their range all the time. I think the agent that shot this guy showed why they practice so much. You never know when you will have to defend yourself.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    I always shoot low when I lollypop with my Sig, maybe a function of the gun...perhaps adrenaline causes one to pull the shots a little higher. Rocks can cause death or serious bodily injury, hence respond with like method of force.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Opinion ? Good shoot, marksmanship so-so, Would be nice to have Israel between the United States and Mexico...Thier lawlessness is slightly akin to the Palestinians only more moderate.
    I feel that the next banana war will be from Brownsville to San Diego and many innocent men, women and children on both sides of the border will suffer because of the thugs and deeds of
    those criminals on the Mexico side.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Just watched it and the one question that I have is Why was there a group of people filming the illegals trying to cross? To me it almost looks like it was a set up video to record what the agents were going to do the illegals.

I was thinking the same thing. The gov't (and media!) will investigate the crap out of this, but where is the investigation to see if it was an intentional provocation?

Top Bottom