• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The Museum of the American GI in College Station had its “History in Motion” event today. Went down with my son and had a great time.

I recommend stopping by the museum or making one of their events if you ever have the chance.

They had lots of equipment on display and running. Sadly, the GoPro was not saving all the videos and most were lost. My son had recorded a lot and almost every file was corrupted.

That said, it saved his video from our tank ride. I also recorded from my phone during the ride. We were hoping to get in the M4A5 but were weren’t able to get there till about 2pm and it was booked up so we signed up for the M24 Chaffee. It was starting to have some issues with overheating though and they pulled it off the line and replaced it with an M4A1.

It was an awesome experience. Highly recommended to anyone who gets the opportunity.

ae546aa6793df778a8fa0608e50f8eef.jpg

46589262c6ab9c71edc9c1615b73aec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

Attachments

• ae546aa6793df778a8fa0608e50f8eef.jpg
      ae546aa6793df778a8fa0608e50f8eef.jpg
      76.9 KB · Views: 419
    • 46589262c6ab9c71edc9c1615b73aec8.jpg
      46589262c6ab9c71edc9c1615b73aec8.jpg
      157.1 KB · Views: 341

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    That's cool shit there. I was in AFJROTC in high school and when we wernt fighting the tards making fun of our uniforms, late 70s early 80s and well let's say there were still friction there till Ronny Raygun started turning stuff around. Well that and let's just say drill rifles were ever bit as good as the real things in butt strokes and muzzle punches and loosing teeth made making fun not fun anymore for those guys. Shit wed goto jail or get expelled nowadays for such stuff.

But I digress...anyways we worked all the Air shows at Luke and William's till they shut it down. It got us close and even in the cockpit of Tbirds F16 and Blue Angel's . I think it was the last year of the Sky Hawk they were flying.

The highlight was a ride in sentimental journey the B17 bomber. I got lucky cause they had me stand behind it for crowd control and when they started the engines my uniform became polkadoted with oil. They felt bad. Cool I said. Worth it.

Anyways I high jacked your thread to say memories like that drown out everything else as you grow up and older. They are the spice of life.

Doing it with your kid only makes it better.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just noticed you call him Butters...Southpark reference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heh, an interesting argument used to take place between me and my wife when people asked that. Eventually she gave up.

Couple years ago he was Professor Chaos for Halloween.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I've driven past, now I think I'll have to stop some time.
    I'd pay to ride in an M88 like back in my good old days.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Top Bottom