• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    There's nothing to celebrate here. I don't feel he ever asked for the asswhooping or attention he got. His case finally opened people's eyes to police brutality. Say what you want, but if he was even a hint more militant then LA (and many cities all over America) could have easily burned to the ground.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    There's nothing to celebrate here. I don't feel he ever asked for the asswhooping or attention he got. His case finally opened people's eyes to police brutality. Say what you want, but if he was even a hint more militant then LA (and many cities all over America) could have easily burned to the ground.

This was not a post of celebration.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Sorry for his family's loss....I won't miss him....mainly because i didn't know him, could care less about his past....not like he was a scholar or great public figure.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Sorry for his family's loss....I won't miss him....mainly because i didn't know him, could care less about his past....not like he was a scholar or great public figure.

I hear yuh. I guess he is a bit more significant in my mind. One of my teachers here in Texas dedicated an entire week to learn about Rodney king. It was complete irrelevant bs. We all HAD to write a paper about him. Apparently my teacher took part in some of the rioting so she felt the lesson was necessary. In my mind she should have lost her job, more because she wasn't teaching at the same pace or the same material as the other AP history teachers...

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    I hear yuh. I guess he is a bit more significant in my mind. One of my teachers here in Texas dedicated an entire week to learn about Rodney king. It was complete irrelevant bs. We all HAD to write a paper about him. Apparently my teacher took part in some of the rioting so she felt the lesson was necessary. In my mind she should have lost her job, more because she wasn't teaching at the same pace or the same material as the other AP history teachers...

:banghead:

Great! Brilliant!
    That's like an old sailor becoming a teacher and dedicating a week to teaching his students about banging whores in Bangkok!

wakal

Just Some Guy
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Zephyr
    That would be a good marketing class. Multi level marketing, and hell, those hard working girls (and gurls) put the "service" in "customer service!"

And it is honest work. The government screws you AND takes your money...

Alex

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

She admitted to participating? She should never have been able to even GET that job, let alone keep it after admitting she participated in a riot.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    Originally Posted by Kyle<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    She admitted to participating? She should never have been able to even GET that job, let alone keep it after admitting she participated in a riot.

It was borderline a point of pride for her. She is/was overly comfortable in her job. You want to talk about a teacher abusing power... she also made us participate in political discussion. I had open arguement in class with against a majority of the student and her. She must have known the right people or had some dirt in someone. The only thing I learned I her class was that people are sheep. Most people my age and younger like to think they have a mind of their own but the fact of the matter is that they are simply adding volume to the squeakiest wheels; just looking for attention and parroting what the dumbest among us have to say.

Most of our arguments in that class would go as like this:

Her- blah

Me- blah blah blah

Her- blah blah bleh blay blah

Class- ya! Blah blah bleh blay blah.

My grade in her class reflected her opinion of me. I would have had a 3.9GPA if it weren't for her blatent bias grading towards students who claim to be like minded with her.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Say what you want, but if he was even a hint more militant then LA (and many cities all over America) could have easily burned to the ground.

And then where would/WILL the Diaspora have gone/GO??

It was borderline a point of pride for her. She is/was overly comfortable in her job. You want to talk about a teacher abusing power... she also made us participate in political discussion. I had open arguement in class with against a majority of the student and her. She must have known the right people or had some dirt in someone. The only thing I learned I her class was that people are sheep. Most people my age and younger like to think they have a mind of their own but the fact of the matter is that they are simply adding volume to the squeakiest wheels; just looking for attention and parroting what the dumbest among us have to say.

Most of our arguments in that class would go as like this:

Her- blah

Me- blah blah blah

Her- blah blah bleh blay blah

Class- ya! Blah blah bleh blay blah.

My grade in her class reflected her opinion of me. I would have had a 3.9GPA if it weren't for her blatent bias grading towards students who claim to be like minded with her.

Is she still teaching?

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I think $35 would have been too much to "award" him. 3.8 millllllion though? The guy kept getting up saying he was going to kill them if I remember the longer version of the video that didn't seem to make the news. I was thinking I counted FOUR times after getting hit with the stun guns. Too bad for amatuer video night in LA, he should have been shot after the first time he got up saying he was going to kill them.

I'm glad he lost most of the money too...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom