• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    So, what is required of me in order to avoid the classification of someone who is "rolling over"?

One post mentions breaking unjust laws in order to avoid high medical costs...does this mean I should cancel my insurance coverage or should I start practicing medincine without a license in order to offer a cheaper alternative?

Does holding a sign that says "I'm not happy about this" count?

What if we all go on strike and refuse to use any medical services? I bet that would teach them a lesson!

Yes, some hyperbole there. But this seems to be a thread complaining about an issue with no practical solutions given. Most practical solutions are probably being, or have already been discussed.

Charlie Primero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2017
    Forest Country
    ...does this mean I should cancel my insurance coverage or should I start practicing medincine without a license in order to offer a cheaper alternative?

That would be a good alternative. I occasionally pay an unlicensed Doctor for small surgeries. I pay an unlicensed Physical Therapist for work on my messed up ankle.

I have a friend who drives from Victoria to Mexico and smuggles in seizure medication for his 13 year-old daughter who has epilepsy. She would die without them. They cost $1,200 per month here, $300 per month in Mexico.

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Repeal the law that requires aggressive treatment of anyone who can stumble into an emergency room regardless of ability to pay and watch health care costs tumble, and watch illegals head home.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...this seems to be a thread complaining about an issue with no practical solutions given. Most practical solutions are probably being, or have already been discussed.
    Exactly the reason I posted a small vignette and didn't try to actually discuss the issue.

A reasonably useful discussion would only begin to move towards a solution after a few hundred thousand printed pages. That's not something worth starting on TGT.

RatBikeRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So the “Rolling Over” part was pointed at the general populace. There are a lot more intelligent people than I to discuss what we could/should do.

I just think it is a crying shame when people cannot afford to buy needed medication. My wife has a condition that requires a costly medication. We make good money but even so it is an additional house payment per month. I guess that is the main reason I am staying in my house, because soon enough between what I am paying for my kids college and meds I won’t be able to pay for much anything else!

Just chapps my arse.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I guess that is the main reason I am staying in my house, because soon enough between what I am paying for my kids college and meds I won’t be able to pay for much anything else!

Just chapps my arse.

And sooner than you expect, the property tax on that house will put lie to the concept of private ownership ... DAMHIKT

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    So, I have a question; At what point did we as a society just roll over and decide that we were ok with paying a kings randsome for insurance and medical care?

I would say that it was a case of a frog in a boiling pot, but the problem is that Obamacare just dropped us straight into the fire...and we don’t seem to care.

$3-6,000 deductible - OK
    $800 a month for a family of 3 - oh, ok
    $400 prescription (cause I am healthy and did not make my deductible) - you bet!
    $3500 emergency room visit ... for a bad rash - Thanks doc, here is a blank check.

My daughter is in a study abroad program right now. The first week she became quite ill with food positioning. Required her to go to the emergency room where she is. Was put on an IV and given 5 different meds. Know what it cost her?

$60!

I am trying to figure out if we have all just given up? You would think that this crap would have us rioting in the streets, since boycotting the DR office or insurance companies just leaves us sick or dead.

I really do not get the perceived apathy.

What am I missing?

Count your blessings...

My buddy's CA Silver 70 plan, family of 4 with $7k out of pocket:

902c63aa8b3c323d91e41377e540b92c.jpg

The "affordable care act" is anything but for anyone above the poverty line.

We can't simply drive everyone to go to the ER - the most expensive form of care.

And we can't simply refuse care to those in need.

But look at pharmaceutical stocks, there's much profit generated off our backs.

There are solutions, but they don't generate healthcare profits.

Something, at some point, has to give...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MTA

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Count your blessings...

View attachment 126516

We can't simply drive everyone to go to the ER - the most expensive form of care.

So, your buddy pays $4.00 more than me.
    Youngest daughter is still on my policy.
    Silver plan 7350 out of pocket.
    Apple to Apple.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Count your blessings...

View attachment 126516

Are you a normal, successful person? Don't have kids
    Are you a poor idiot who is easily led and who has no business ever having kids aka a democrat? Have a million kids

Top Bottom